crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:23 pm 
BACON!!!

thats the kind of video you watch so that you can feel better about your own life.

its kind of scary how much of that i remember from the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:29 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Also, you stand 5 feet away from Joseph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:57 pm 
I AM GREAT

You're not even there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:27 pm 
tongue in cheek

Happy wrote:
Also, you stand 5 feet away from Joseph

Thats as close as non-spirit brothers can get.

Also, for the sake of authenticity, someone should re-release a version of Link where the characters wear eye-glasses and black reeboks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:03 pm 

Hogg wrote:
Neil, I gotta say I'm a little amused at the argument that CS translates into real life useful skills. Maybe you're joking, but... ---> NO <---. I think any game teaches a bit of teamwork, communication, and all that crap. CS probably does improve your reflexes, but I don't know if it goes any farther than your wrist.

On the other hand, I do believe people who play FPS are uncanny shots IRL even if they've never fired a gun. When I shoot Joseph Smith with my airsoft gun, it surprises me how often I can put one through his tiny paper eye without carefully sighting. Also, I'm sure that if we all suddenly had to clear a building, we'd be good at setting up firing angles without even thinking about it.

But useful skills? Eh.

I don't know why anyone would carry on an argument about what game is more useful than what. I have my opinions, such as that WoW is gay, but all games come out to time and money that could be more productively spent. They're hobbies. They're fun. Different stuff is fun for different people. Neil, assrott, I, and other manly men prefer FPS, which don't (yet) require subscription fees. All the gay people like MMORPG's. lawl

Cliffs for Hapy: everyone stfu, the argument's pointless

Applicable MooKeTTe quote: useless

I am a master of Jeet Kune Do because of CS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

this one time, back in the dorms, i was walking down the hall with number after my inagural summer of Counter-strike, and his roommate tried to jump out and scare me but i sensed he was there because i had been training all summer on the computer. he didn't scare me, i scared him. hah.

(true story told retardedly to mock smith.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:34 pm 

lawl, countless Gaydot stories fortell the existence of heightened hand-eye coordination, because of fast-twitch games.

Hogg: "blah blah blah only involves your wrist" um... hand-eye coordination? HAND = wrist = you = suck my balls.

-edit lawl @ reading comprehension, you guys have agreed with my points in the process of disagreeing... i said "blah blah improves hand-eye, hearing (where it involves locational/directional positioning) blah blah"

read plz, kthxbai.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:27 pm 
I AM GREAT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:09 pm 

Agnt.Smith wrote:
lawl, countless Gaydot stories fortell the existence of heightened hand-eye coordination, because of fast-twitch games.

Hogg: "blah blah blah only involves your wrist" um... hand-eye coordination? HAND = wrist = you = suck my balls.

-edit lawl @ reading comprehension, you guys have agreed with my points in the process of disagreeing... i said "blah blah improves hand-eye, hearing (where it involves locational/directional positioning) blah blah"

read plz, kthxbai.

Are you trying to say CS gives me +10 to fapping skills?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:50 pm 

one time i pooped a hammer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:58 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Rex kwon do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:07 pm 
I AM A GAY N00B

think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face with these bad boys?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:27 pm 

Quote:
Hapy,

This thread is basically about you're mawm. No need to go any deeper than that. (She's deep enough.)

-Glim
I wonder how Glim feels about this statement, after meeting Hapy's mom.

Post subject: Re: WOW.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:51 pm 

Think this is the first I've done any reading of this thread. Just wow.

Yep, I went there.

Also: WoW has nothing to do with much of anything real life. Could make an argument for small market supply/demand economics, and for extended math computation (as seen in most games people get overly involved in) figuring out damage/rate of fire/armor pen./etc. compounded with attack type sequencing. Once you get all that figured out it just becomes repetition.

But comparing CS to real life skills is pretty meaningless also. Yes, you get eye/hand coordination and a little bit of teamwork, but video game 'shooting' and real life weapons have little to do with each other. Add in to it that CS 'teaches' you to approach situations with the idea "if this doesn't work I'll be back next round!" and it's a good trainer on how to get shot and die.

SPOILER! Highlight it to read it.
IRL at 1% health you bleed out real quick and don't clutch shit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:00 pm 

Quote:
On re-reading that I do have to give one more credit to CS (and most FPS): It does assist in breaking down mental barriers to killing humans. Multiple studies on it usually hyped by the anit-gun/anti-video-game groups, but there is some solid science behind the idea. So maybe if you're ever in the situation you'll be less hesitant to pull the trigger and smear some douche across your living room wall...I guess that's a bonus. Long live CS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:24 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Dude, what the...

I dont remember any of this. I think I've forgotten more about crapy clawn than most people will know in their entire life.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:49 am 

Quote:

Yep, I went there.

Also: WoW has nothing to do with much of anything real life. Could make an argument for small market supply/demand economics, and for extended math computation (as seen in most games people get overly involved in) figuring out damage/rate of fire/armor pen./etc. compounded with attack type sequencing. Once you get all that figured out it just becomes repetition.

But comparing CS to real life skills is pretty meaningless also. Yes, you get eye/hand coordination and a little bit of teamwork, but video game 'shooting' and real life weapons have little to do with each other. Add in to it that CS 'teaches' you to approach situations with the idea "if this doesn't work I'll be back next round!" and it's a good trainer on how to get shot and die.

I don't disagree but my point was still more +hand/eye not really saying CS would teach you to be a better shooter. I was trying to find SOME real-world benefit to MY video game of choice, in order to further demonize a lower form of video game. I still stand by that, by the way. I would rather have what I do give me *something* (albeit slight) useful to real world action, instead of just making me really good at Excel.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:36 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

video games, especially 1st person and 3rd person perspective help the user develop spatial awareness, sense of direction and tangible skills like map reading and memorization.

This is so true, I am able to read maps, navigate and remember area layouts. Other people are like "duur, is this north?? (it's south you idiot)... I don't believe you, let me check my phone gps every 10 seconds."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:43 pm 

Quote:
I don't disagree but my point was still more +hand/eye not really saying CS would teach you to be a better shooter. I was trying to find SOME real-world benefit to MY video game of choice, in order to further demonize a lower form of video game. I still stand by that, by the way. I would rather have what I do give me *something* (albeit slight) useful to real world action, instead of just making me really good at Excel.
How about the relaxation, piece of mind, and lessening of desire to murder the next fuckface you see? The first two have a massive number of latent health benefits and the last keeps you out of jail; giving additional health benefits. All those plus the countless hours of entertainment and social interaction gained at pennies on the hour. Also been multiple studies on the benefits to memory retention and possible offset of Alzheimer's from video games.

There are a large number of minor (minor in 'life-skill return per hour spent playing') benefits to video games. Definitely better for you then a lot of other stuff, namely tv (depending on program...there is the whole education thing). Every different game type has different skill concentrations.

If you want to get all sciencey about it you could study individual initial skill level in applicable area, cross reference to preferred game type(s), and reference again at 1/5/10/20 years of play at average X hours / week. Could be those with pre-existing high skill in memorization tend towards games that use that skill (as they are naturally better than others), but they then only receive minor returns for time invested. Or it could be that people have a desire for challenge and gain self worth by starting things they suck at and seeing notable growth in their skull-fuckery of the online masses.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:09 pm 

Quote:
I shouldn't have read that.
Now I know how my story ends.
Bleeding out, the only clutching I do is at my wang.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:33 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I shouldn't have read that.
Now I know how my story ends.
Bleeding out, the only clutching I do is at my wang.
Or knee.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:44 pm 

I challenge you to find one person who would say I didn't handle that in the most masculine way ever.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:30 pm 

You'll be happy to know that many [ __ ] took to saying goodbye to Teaks by lifting him into the air as high as they could. I did not partake in this weird tradition.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:48 am 
resident debaucher

Teaks-lifting is now the formal goodbye ritual.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:53 pm 

Do I get a say in this?