crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:36 pm 
I AM GREAT

What the fuck is it? Do we want it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 pm 
are you laughin now, beeyotch?

If it involves BF, I want it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:35 am 
resident debaucher

I'll buy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:26 am 

Sabs mentioned this to me last night. I played about 30 minutes of the first one on xbox and was more then unimpressed. Will take some really good reviews to get me to entertain the series again...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:06 am 
resident debaucher

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... any_2.html
Quote:
The multiplayer aspect of this game is simply incredible, putting to shame the highly-praised "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2."
e: update, bought this. unlocks in a few hours, and i'm off today. i'll play it and give you dumpsters my report.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:25 pm 

Quote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... any_2.html
Quote:
The multiplayer aspect of this game is simply incredible, putting to shame the highly-praised "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2."
e: update, bought this. unlocks in a few hours, and i'm off today. i'll play it and give you dumpsters my report.
You're the dumpster.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:45 pm 
resident debaucher

Okay, I've been playing a few hours.

The game is slick, intuitive, and fun as fuck.

Even not knowing what the fuck I was doing (i think i was supposed to set charges on a laptop or something), I still had a blast running around, shooting people in the face. You know how, in BF2, if you shot someone in the head with a sniper rifle, and they'd keep wandering along?

No more. Shit just got real.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 pm 

If I said I'm considering buying this, would Rob ever talk to me again?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:27 pm 
resident debaucher

I think Rob will be buying this. If anything, let this be a catalyst for The Great Renaissance v2.0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:33 pm 
I AM GREAT

I'm passing over the money without even thinking about it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:10 pm 

As good as bought.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:35 pm 

My wife has offered to buy me video games of my choosing for my b-day. Currently I'm planning on Mass Effect/Mass Effect2 to be stacked with the rest of my "Games to play during deployment" pile. However, I remain intrigued here right now. I see many others with full expectataions of buying...i expect a play by play review/comparison to bf2...ground combat/classes/experience gains/vech combat/heli and plane dominance/etc. Give me specifics and convince me dammit!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:46 pm 

Quote:
I'm passing over the money without even thinking about it.
The memories of BF2 ARE so thick I have to brush them away from my face...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:53 pm 

Quote:
If I said I'm considering buying this, would Rob ever talk to me again?

IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

gamestop.com allowed you to use giftcards for digital downloads, I would own this game right now :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:14 pm 
resident debaucher

Quote:
My wife has offered to buy me video games of my choosing for my b-day. Currently I'm planning on Mass Effect/Mass Effect2 to be stacked with the rest of my "Games to play during deployment" pile. However, I remain intrigued here right now. I see many others with full expectataions of buying...i expect a play by play review/comparison to bf2...ground combat/classes/experience gains/vech combat/heli and plane dominance/etc. Give me specifics and convince me dammit!
Alright, here goes. Keep in mind I didn't play BF2 heavily. Also keep in mind I haven't played too much today.

Combat - Each weapon has strengths and weaknesses, unlockables seem to cater to certain playstyles.

Classes - Recon (sniper), Medic, Engineer, Assault. Each class has three holdable items. Rifles, machine guns, pistols, smoke grenades, whatever. Each class also has specializations, such as increased armor for vehicles, increased mounted gun damage, pulsing radar around vehicles, etc.

XP - Experience comes from capturing points, kills, kill assists, earning badges, etc. Yes, there are ranks. The unlocking system operates very much the same as BF2. Play long enough as a class, you'll start unlocking things for that class.

Vehicular combat - Tanks, jetskis, humvees, ATVs, APCs, etc.

Air/heli dominance - I haven't run into much flyboy faggotry yet. One of the class specs, I noticed, armors vehicles heavily against missiles, though.

Other things to note. Squad warfare has again been implemented. However, instead of now only being able to spawn on your squad leader, you can now spawn on anyone in your squad after a very brief (3-5 seconds) wait.

I don't know if Steam friends functions in BC. There is, however, an in-game friends list available to use. It looks like we'll have to play the teamswitching game again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:38 pm 
I AM GREAT

Good to see they haven't learned a thing about UI design nor server browsers in the last seven years.

Great game, would go to the server browser and be unable to find a game again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:22 pm 

Quote:
Good to see they haven't learned a thing about UI design nor server browsers in the last seven years.

Great game, would go to the server browser and be unable to find a game again.
Ouch. Not assisting game credibility.

Looked at some of the videos for the game last night...looks pretty cool, but also reminds me all the inherent issues with bf2. Flyboy faggitry, lack of foot-soldier effectiveness vs. anything, inability to get everyone on the same side causing complete lack of caring about win/lose, flyboy faggitry, jets that won't die, inability to find a decent server, and maybe flyboy faggitry.

Oh, just to be an ass (cause it was a shitty day at work and I'm drinking and I feel like it) I'm going to pick on the info provided on the 'steam' page for this game:
Quote:
New vehicles like the ATV and a transport helicopter
Because that sounds COMPLETELY different then the ATV from BF2:Special Forces and the Blackhawk
Quote:
Squad Up: Compete as the lone wolf or together in 4-man squads with up to 32 players per server
Max of 4-man squads and max of 16 players to a side? That seems to be not only a huge step backward from bf2, but also direct 'we need 4 people' competition with l4d. My vote goes to the game I already have.

Quote:
GAME USES SONY SECUROM CONTENT PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY. (MORE INFO, INCLUDING HOW TO UNINSTALL SECUROM, AT http://WWW.SECUROM.COM). GAME CAN BE PLAYED ON UP TO FIVE COMPUTERS; USERS CAN MANAGE WHICH COMPUTERS ARE AUTHORIZED OR DE-AUTHORIZED TO PLAY GAME.
Because after doing absolutely no further research that sounds like wonderfully user friendly copyright protection.

Last edited by Teaks on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:51 pm 

Thanks to E-Rewards, I just spent $0.20 on this game... installing as we speak.

-edit

friends names? I'm Agnt.Smith with a clantag of [=D]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:56 pm 
resident debaucher

I'm [ __ ] DIME.

I'm dumb and didn't realize there was a place for clan tags before I registered my name, and 'dime' has already been taken.

Ah well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:57 pm 

Quote:
I'm [ __ ] DIME.

I'm dumb and didn't realize there was a place for clan tags before I registered my name, and 'dime' has already been taken.

Ah well.
I could buy this game, but I'm fairly certain it might run like crap and piss me off.

Wish I could test drive it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:04 pm 
I AM GREAT

Hogg, with the clan tag [ __ ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

i never trust dime's first intuition about games, but anything he's still playing 2-3 months after the first time is an awesome game you must play. I'm waiting on this one.

4 man squads sounds fucking dumb. 16 man per side sounds awful. Planes (and probably artillery) makes me sad.

It sounds just the same as bf2 except with some bug fixes and XP points that maybe actually do something? Why not just play bf2, which we all have, and all can run, and all have paid for already?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:55 pm 
tongue in cheek

Paid for. Downloading now.

Another big thank you to my benefactor(s)...you know who you are.

[Rob, i share your cynicism, but 1) if Smith pays actual money for a game, and 2) its got Battlefield in the title, I buy sight unseen.]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:47 pm 

Quote:

[Rob, i share your cynicism, but 1) if Smith pays actual money for a game, and 2) its got Battlefield in the title, I buy sight unseen.]
I once thought the same of Starcraft 2, then I got selected for the beta. Congratulations Blizzard, in 2 hours of gameplay you've turned me from a sight-unseen buyer to someone who will permenently question every product you ever produce again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:53 pm 

I played about 20 minutes of single and 30 minutes of multi... pretty astounding. The ability to destroy complete buildings is pretty sick.. the guns feel really good. I used the sniper a fair bit, and it "feels" heavy..

Also, you get nothing unless you pull up iron sites. I like this, some may not.