crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:57 am 
resident debaucher

y'all hos think soulja boy got a big dick?

Post subject: Re: hey
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:03 pm 

I remember when you looked at less dick and played more games.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:58 am 

Quote:
I remember when you looked at less dick and played more games.
I don't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

Halp Halp Halp Halp
Attachment:
agent-computer-broken.jpg
agent-computer-broken.jpg [ 135.45 KiB | Viewed 8799 times ]

i've never overclocked anything on this computer.

I unplugged all drives - still can't get past this message. I pulled one stick of ram at a time, same message.

the power supply is brand new, and all the fans are on. So i don't think it's that.

I'm thinking my mobo is shot. Whatcha think, whitebox gurus?

the mobo is under 2 years old (just barely) and is MSI. So I don't figure it should be dying on me just yet, but maybe so. Exact product is "MSI K9A2 Neo-F AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD"

update:
Seen some folks complain about the same error for this exact board and similar ones. So imma just RMA the bitch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

update:
MSI wants to charge me 35 dollars to repair the piece of shit, and fry's doesn't have a mobo compatible w/ all my shit.

why are there so many micro-atx mobos? Should i get a micro even though I have a full size case? I could use some more space. What am i really sacrificing w/ a micro?

This looks secksi due to upgradability:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813157204

I wait so long between upgrades that SLI/Crossfire isn't ever gonna happen for me. And the next ram upgrade will most likely be ddr3 and not an additional 2 sticks of ddr2 since i don't really need to upgrade ram for another year or two.

thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:06 pm 

Haven't heard the greatest things about ASRock's quality, so even though that board has pretty good reviews, I'd be a little hesitant.

All you're really giving up with microATX is PCI/PCIe slots. They also tend to be a little more cramped so it's a bit more work getting all the cables connected. ATX boards are usually more expensive due to additional features, as they're aimed at enthusiasts.

I would buy a new board rather than repairing yours, if it's gonna cost $35 anyway. You'd probably be out a couple weeks with a repair vs. a few days with a new board.

I've been using Gigabyte boards - they're priced fair but have a low failure rate. With Newegg reviews it can be tough to determine failure rate since I bet a fair share "DOA" boards are actually damaged during the install. That's why you rarely see 5 eggs for a mobo.

Anyway, don't have a particular board recommendation but I'd look at Gigabyte or ASUS if I were buying a new board since I think they're some of the more reliable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
With Newegg reviews it can be tough to determine failure rate since I bet a fair share "DOA" boards are actually damaged during the install. That's why you rarely see 5 eggs for a mobo.
HAHAHAH, NUMBER_137.

yea, thanks for the tips. Looks like this board is still kind of alive . . . i'm not sure if it's board or PSU now. Because I reset the CMOS and then shit started booting. Then shit started crashing after 5 minutes. Then I unplugged everything but my C drive and video card. Now things are fine. (until i screwed my case door back on. then i blue screened.)

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:51 pm 
I AM GREAT

Asrock is an Asus spinoff, if I remember correctly. I've been using Asrock boards for a few years now with no trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:03 am 

Quote:
Asrock is an Asus spinoff, if I remember correctly. I've been using Asrock boards for a few years now with no trouble.
you only use them because they sound similar to assrott, duh.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:11 am 

Quote:
Pretty much. They're even making higher end boards now.
Quote:
This looks secksi due to upgradability:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813157204

I wait so long between upgrades that SLI/Crossfire isn't ever gonna happen for me. And the next ram upgrade will most likely be ddr3 and not an additional 2 sticks of ddr2 since i don't really need to upgrade ram for another year or two.

thoughts?
Don't get a cheap board if you actually plan on using it as an upgrade.

You'll have to drop in a new CPU to get DDR3 support and the cheap boards tend to have cheaper power components that can't support the higher power draw CPUs (that one supports up to 95W TDP and your 940 is a 125W part). Many mini/microATX boards will have similar power restrictions.

AM2 is a dead-end at this point, so you might look into upgrading now if you can afford it, especially with the potentially unlockable cores on the lower-end AMD cpus and the dirt-cheap DDR3 that's around.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:48 pm 
I AM GREAT

Isn't that why they have the 4- or 8-pin 12v receptacle?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

they may have that, hogg, but he's right. i've seen some w/ a 95w limit for the CPU. but that's OK because the new AM3s are 95 watts. it's the am2+ quads that run about 125w

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:29 am 

Quote:
Isn't that why they have the 4- or 8-pin 12v receptacle?
The CPU isn't fed directly from the PSU, it gets powered through the motherboards PWM circuitry. If the PWM circuitry can't handle the load, you'll get instability at best and possibly a dead board.
Quote:
they may have that, hogg, but he's right. i've seen some w/ a 95w limit for the CPU. but that's OK because the new AM3s are 95 watts. it's the am2+ quads that run about 125w
There are still a handful of AM3 chips that have a 125W TDP, usually black-edition chips or hexcores, but also a couple of chips that had 125W in early versions and then dropped to 95W in later revisions. Just something to watch out for.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:41 pm 
tongue in cheek

Your mawm's message contains too few characters.

Attachments:
souljadick.jpg
souljadick.jpg [ 127.28 KiB | Viewed 8734 times ]