[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 265: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 329: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 265: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 329: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
In a cartoon - crapy clawn forums

crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: In a cartoon
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:29 pm 

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/

Post subject: Re: In a cartoon
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:34 pm 

The Real ID conversation tickles me:
Blizzard seems to be toting it as a game changer.
Quote:
]Real ID is a social networking feature that Blizzard is building into the new version of Battle.net that is launching with StarCraft II. Real ID will let players of StarCraft II and World of Warcraft and future Blizzard games such as Diablo III communicate between games. With Real ID and the new Battle.net features, Canessa says, "you will be able to create a social network between StarCraft II and World of Warcraft players. You will be able to go off and play games together. You will be able to chat, communicate, earn achievements, get ranked in games and play in leagues and ladders, publish user-generated content to the service and have cloud file storage and a whole bunch of other stuff. "
So it's Steam except everyone is named Brady C instead.
Is there more to it?
One of you goblins has to be using this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:53 pm 
are you laughin now, beeyotch?

Get out of my head. I sent Hogg that same cartoon with a link to that story when I read it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:49 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

yes, this is the reason realID will never become mainstream (among many)

did I mention realID is gay, fuck realID

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
and play in leagues and ladders, publish user-generated content to the service and have cloud file storage and a whole bunch of dick pics. "
Steam does NOT have this, and it sounds cool.

but i'm sad the two greatest game developers of this gaming era haven't fallen madly in love.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:46 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
and play in leagues and ladders, publish user-generated content to the service and have cloud file storage and a whole bunch of dick pics. "
Steam does NOT have this, and it sounds cool.

but i'm sad the two greatest game developers of this gaming era haven't fallen madly in love.
Battle.net didn't really need leagues/ladders, they just wanted the money that the unofficial Korean ones were getting and were unable to extort them through the Korean legal system. And those only sprang up because Battle.net's netcode and feature-set was so shitty. Also, Valve joining with ActiBlizzard would be a terrible, terrible thing for everyone but Bobby Kotick and shareholders.

A fileshack/filefront/planet<Valve game> esque service would be nice I guess, but the only thing it'd offer over those sites would be integration with Source games.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:31 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Uh yes, unless Valve needs to never join forces with anyone unless Valve retains 100% creative control over EVERYTHING.

Also, built in leagues and ladders and community would be cool because frankly, the steam community, steam groups, steam friends, steam profiles etc are pretty bad, yo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

yea, a merger would blow chunks. I was mostly dreaming of a facebook for games.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:04 am 

Only if it maintains farmville. Don't know what I'd do without my farmville.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:08 pm 
are you laughin now, beeyotch?

Quote:
yea, a merger would blow chunks. I was mostly dreaming of a facebook for games.
And Chunks was the dog.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

lol farmville. i sent that to dad cause i'm sure he watches mom play it all the time and goes 'sigh'