crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: pax
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:36 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

So I'm at Pax.

Tribes Ascend looks awesome. I played it and got 3/5 flag caps and basically team on my backed it to a win.

The cs:go demo is Xbox only (durrr).

Firewall continues to induce boners.

Have not seen the borderlands 2 demo yet.

For single player obviously Skyrim, also Prey 2 looks f'ing amazing. I loved Prey 1.

deus ex looked cool too I guess.

I played some pro evo guy in ssfIv:Ae and won 2/5. So not too bad.

Post subject: Re: pax
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:38 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Bf3 is also console only demos... Durp
guys can we please buy tribes ascend as a clawn?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:15 pm 
resident debaucher

count me in

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:23 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

turns out there are some tricked out nvida computers with bf3. Iw ill be hitting that up tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:38 am 

Quote:
I loved the hell out of the origional Tribes, so I'm game if we do as a group.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:58 am 
come into the FUCKDOME

I was thinking about Tribes last night. They made some gameplay changes that I'm not sure I like.

So check it out:
-You no longer spawn as a generic, light armor, shitty guy. You know how you got to completely customize your loadout (Armor, guns, backpack, grenades, etc.)? It is now BF2 style 'you pick a predefined class and go with it.' In the demo there were 9 classes and 'locked' slots for about 15 more. However, you spawn as your class meaning you no longer have to go to an inventory station to receive your gear.
-Health now auto regens. Im not sure if this is class to class or if it works for everyone but its like Halo and Gears of War. If you take damage then you can wait 15 seconds and your health will automatically start going back up. Again, less incentive to go to inventory stations. On the plus side it encourages people to 'rocket jump' using guns like the spinfusor, grenade launcher and mines. Since momentum is a big part of the physics you can really get a speed boost if you pull it off correctly.
-So now that there is no reason to go to the inventory stations there is much less incentive to attack the other team's generators. Sure the turrents are all powered by the gens and (unconfirmed) I heard that even personal, deployable turrets are powered by the gens but if you're fast you can get around the turrets and if you're well armed you can blow them up. Attacking and then camping the gens was one of the best parts of old Tribes games. As a result I saw like one inventory station on the entire map.
-You get some sort of money for doing well and that lets you buy stuff in game like vehicles. You can no longer just go to the vehicle station and call down a Shrike. You have to have xxxx number of credits. I didnt bother to use vehicles because it was a small map but there were people complaining about the vehicles being blocked by this feature. No idea what else you can use the credits on.

-One cool thing, there were parts of the map where you were in some kind of power field that gave you unlimited energy. It meant you could hover and fly around forever. This created a vertical column of guys who were fighting on the X, Y plane instead of the normal X, Z plane. If they do it right they can make some kickass maps using this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:12 am 
come into the FUCKDOME

Welp I am about to spend 2 hours in line to see Borderlands 2.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:41 pm 
resident debaucher

i do not care. i will play a new tribes game until the wheels fall off.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:20 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Yo fgts, guess who got a free copy of Borderlands 2?

This guy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:26 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

So my copy of Borderlands 2 will arrive on or around release day. Sweet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:10 pm 

So I was at Pax.

Tribes Ascend looks awful. I played it and got 0/5 flag caps and basically couldn't do a damn thing for a loss.

The cs:go demo is Xbox only (durrr). Booth staff were dicks so my friend and I just pubraided for 4 rounds.

Guild Wars 2 continues to induce boners.

Have not seen the borderlands 2 demo yet.

For single player... idk, Skyrim I guess? also Prey 2 looks aight. I never played Prey 1.

couldn't be bothered to look at deus ex.

I watched some pro evo guy in ssfIv:Ae hustle kids, letting them win the first 2 rounds and then pooping on them the last 3. Funny to watch.

Last edited by zenzog on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:14 pm 

also, sorry happy, arsen only told me you were at pax sunday afternoon after i was on the link back to seatac

but i go every year so maybe next year we can meet up

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:33 pm 

Quote:
I was thinking about Tribes last night. They made some gameplay changes that I'm not sure I like.

So check it out:
-You no longer spawn as a generic, light armor, shitty guy. You know how you got to completely customize your loadout (Armor, guns, backpack, grenades, etc.)? It is now BF2 style 'you pick a predefined class and go with it.' In the demo there were 9 classes and 'locked' slots for about 15 more. However, you spawn as your class meaning you no longer have to go to an inventory station to receive your gear.
-Health now auto regens. Im not sure if this is class to class or if it works for everyone but its like Halo and Gears of War. If you take damage then you can wait 15 seconds and your health will automatically start going back up. Again, less incentive to go to inventory stations. On the plus side it encourages people to 'rocket jump' using guns like the spinfusor, grenade launcher and mines. Since momentum is a big part of the physics you can really get a speed boost if you pull it off correctly.
-So now that there is no reason to go to the inventory stations there is much less incentive to attack the other team's generators. Sure the turrents are all powered by the gens and (unconfirmed) I heard that even personal, deployable turrets are powered by the gens but if you're fast you can get around the turrets and if you're well armed you can blow them up. Attacking and then camping the gens was one of the best parts of old Tribes games. As a result I saw like one inventory station on the entire map.
-You get some sort of money for doing well and that lets you buy stuff in game like vehicles. You can no longer just go to the vehicle station and call down a Shrike. You have to have xxxx number of credits. I didnt bother to use vehicles because it was a small map but there were people complaining about the vehicles being blocked by this feature. No idea what else you can use the credits on.

-One cool thing, there were parts of the map where you were in some kind of power field that gave you unlimited energy. It meant you could hover and fly around forever. This created a vertical column of guys who were fighting on the X, Y plane instead of the normal X, Z plane. If they do it right they can make some kickass maps using this.
Ouch. I don't mind the cash for vehicles thing...i can deal with "you must do half-way decent to be given the privalge of buying new vech's", but the rest of it kind ruins it for me. I loved the inventory station stuff, building your own kits, and yeah, the generator/base maintenance stuff was half the challenge of the game. I now remain very wary of this one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:18 pm 

Quote:
Bf3 is also console only demos... Durp
i've already had sex in my dreams with t3. also, midair dick shots.. i mean disc are still mad talent.

shazbot, i'm on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:09 am 

Quote:
also, midair dick shots.. i mean disc are still mad talent.
but if that's all the game has then it's become: "I've spent countless more hours on here then you and have developed better twitch-reflexes for this one task."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:06 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

How about give it a shot and then complain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:40 pm 

Quote:
How about give it a shot and then complain
How about I just complain now and save myself the time. Then when the entire clawn decides that it's cool and buys it then I'll eat my words and buy it also. Also it gives me something to talk about on the forums. I really dont have anything else to contribute. I baked cookies today. I think I fucked up something in the recipe. They're alright, but not great. I'm also running data recovery on a crashed external hard drive and updated the firmware for my router. I think I might have done some cleaning also. You see what I'm left with when I can't just randomly bitch about stuff? How do you like them boring ass apples? But everyone remember, this is what Happy wants! Now you get to hear about my day EVERY FUCKING DAY. and you'll like it. I'll make a thread called "about my day; just for Happy", and every day I'll put in my thoughts and feelings and top them off with little fucking unicorn stickers!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

omg teaks. stfu. let's play some bc2 now.

p.s.
i never played the original tribes and don't give a fuck. I will buy if there is critical mass.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:45 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Why the fuck is everyone so pissy lately?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:50 pm 

Quote:
Why the fuck is everyone so pissy lately?
I claim PMS.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:24 pm 

Quote:
omg teaks. stfu. let's play some bc2 now.

p.s.
i never played the original tribes and don't give a fuck. I will buy if there is critical mass.

irony? rawb telling someone to not bitch about a game!
<3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:10 pm 

There's a "snap" and a "oh" somewheres in this here situation.