[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 265: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 329: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 265: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 329: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
Cell phone question - crapy clawn forums

crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Cell phone question
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:37 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

So I need a new phone...

Anyway I go to the Alltell store and tell the dumb bitch that all I want is a phone that I can load my own ringtones on. The dumb bitch replys that there are no phones that allow that.

*sigh* I tell the dumb bitch she is wrong and Ill be getting a phone elsewhere.

Anyway, what phone should I get? The only feature I need is the ability to put my own fucking ringtones on my own fucking phone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:44 pm 
are you laughin now, beeyotch?

My (Sprint) Sanyo MM8300 and Hogg's (Sprint) Samsung Razor Knockoff both have the ability to receive and play anything you send it, for free (using a tool Hogg found on sprintusers.com). So I just make my own ringtones with whatever mp3s I have, Smith drunk-dialing me, etc., and upload it. I receive it in the form of a text message. Voila.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:48 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Brady....you have a phone with bluetooth right? Can you use that for this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:13 pm 

I have a motorola e815 and my roommate has a razr both with verizon. With a few simple software mods we got both of them to allows mp3s as ringtones transferred via bluetooth. Verizon is really nazi about it. From what I have seen tmobile and cingular let you do what you want without any modifications. We don't have alltel around here, so I don't know about them. Check http://www.howardforums.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:20 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Yeah Verizon are the zuper nazis when it comes to restricting the built in features of their phones. I fucking hate this, this type of shit doesnt happen in China. Over there the phones actually do what they were built for, none of this bullshit restriction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:28 pm 

get the nokia n80. it's teh bomb. i got mine yesterday and now i will copulate with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:39 pm 

Quote:
Yeah Verizon are the zuper nazis when it comes to restricting the built in features of their phones. I fucking hate this, this type of shit doesnt happen in China. Over there the phones actually do what they were built for, none of this bullshit restriction.
There are ways around thier tricks usually, but they often take some effort. Verizon has the best coverage around here. I thought about moving to cingular, but their phones don't really work in buildings that well. I want a gsm carrier so I can buy the coolest eurasian phones, but I guess I don't really have a choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:42 pm 

oh yea, and you can unlock all terhphones features. some may jsut not be useable with the carrier if they require stuff to be 'sent' if ou will.. stuff like allowing ringtones, if the phone can do it, you can unlock if if they nazi power it and lock it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:12 pm 

my cingular razr lets me bluetooth shit on it
no problems here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:55 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

I got the LG 550, its great

/thread

New phone number will be in priv foram

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:17 am 
resident debaucher

Missed this thread entirely.

I have bluetooth capability with my razr, but I've never had an inclination to use it.

I can record my own ringtones from external audio.. There's probably another way, but I haven't explored it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:37 am 

I've got the SLVR phone and I'm using Cingular. I used to be with Sprint and had the sanyo 8100 and despite sprints pretty good coverage I was sick of their bullshit. Slvr works fine as a regular phone, has bluetooth capability, and lets you do iTunes on the phone which is semi useful when you occasionaly want to listen to music.

Shitty parts include the fact that to have custom ring tones you have to go through this whole import to memory card --> Then move from card to the phone because they dont' let you for example use a song that is loaded through Itunes as a ring tone. Its really a lot of bullshit, but if you're just looking for a styling phone that has a few nice features this is decent. Another thing though is that the text messaging program on the SLVR sucks balls. My friend has a nokia that has awesome predictive text but on the slvr there is essentialy no predictive text at all so if you do text message alot it is a bit annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:32 pm 
Site Admin

get a phone from overseas that isn't locked to the company.

where's stu to weigh in on this? I know he has some opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:58 pm 
I AM GREAT

Quote:
I got the LG 550, its great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:49 am 

Quote:
if you have verizon and u get the razr, you can still use MOTO phone tools to DL custom content to the phone.

not only that this is one of the FEW verizon phones on which Bluetooth filetransfers wok on.

in addition you can use any of the P2k editors to modify the phone's OS (this is the reason MOTO's are my fav phone, very mod friendly).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:54 am 

Quote:
Shitty parts include the fact that to have custom ring tones you have to go through this whole import to memory card --> Then move from card to the phone because they dont' let you for example use a song that is loaded through Itunes as a ring tone. Its really a lot of bullshit, but if you're just looking for a styling phone that has a few nice features this is decent. Another thing though is that the text messaging program on the SLVR sucks balls. My friend has a nokia that has awesome predictive text but on the slvr there is essentialy no predictive text at all so if you do text message alot it is a bit annoying.
no you DONT have to copy to card then to phone. Simply get MOTOROLA Phone tools sofware. You can then Choose where to push an MP3 on ur phone card/phone memory.

also, the flex (user interface) that cingular uses DOES have horrible predictive text. That can be solved w/ RSD lite and flexing ur phone to an un-branded MOTO flex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:05 am 

Quote:

this is Stu's #1 rule when buying a phone. Yes its cheaper to buy a subsidised phone from your service provider, but you the consumer get screwed in the end.

The reason subisidized phones cost less is b/c the operators LOCK them to thier networks, thus you can never use it if you decied to change providers. Most phone corps also strip out usefull features on thier phones to force u to use their paid services (ie: ringtones video...)

Also, if you travel overseas your locked phone will force you to use international rates for your minutes NOT CHEAP. With an unlocked phone like mine, you simply buy a pre-paid sim card from the country you are visiting pop it in and you're good to go.

A note to those who often travel overseas for business: its is in your best interest to buy a GSM phone b/c all of Europe, Africa, Russia, and most of the Asias use GSM wireless networks. GSM providers in the U.S. include Cingular-(ATT wireless), Tmoble, and a few smaller regional providers.

A Wonderful site to read-up at and ask questions you may have about cell phones and wireless providers is: http://howardforums.com/ you'll find the answer to pretty much any question you could have about cell's here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:40 am 
Site Admin

/me takes notes for when i pay for my own phone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:40 am 

Quote:
Quote:

this is Stu's #1 rule when buying a phone. Yes its cheaper to buy a subsidised phone from your service provider, but you the consumer get screwed in the end.

The reason subisidized phones cost less is b/c the operators LOCK them to thier networks, thus you can never use it if you decied to change providers. Most phone corps also strip out usefull features on thier phones to force u to use their paid services (ie: ringtones video...)

Also, if you travel overseas your locked phone will force you to use international rates for your minutes NOT CHEAP. With an unlocked phone like mine, you simply buy a pre-paid sim card from the country you are visiting pop it in and you're good to go.

A note to those who often travel overseas for business: its is in your best interest to buy a GSM phone b/c all of Europe, Africa, Russia, and most of the Asias use GSM wireless networks. GSM providers in the U.S. include Cingular-(ATT wireless), Tmoble, and a few smaller regional providers.

A Wonderful site to read-up at and ask questions you may have about cell phones and wireless providers is: http://howardforums.com/ you'll find the answer to pretty much any question you could have about cell's here.
best advice evar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:23 pm 

you mean people buy locked phones still? i thought they stopped that liek 5 uyears ago.

it's also usually cheaper to buy teh phone unlocked from a lot of places then a locked phone withOUT service contract from a carrier.

aND THE N80 IS THE BOMB