crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 621 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2325 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:45 pm 
I AM GREAT

Quote:
I hate when an unstoppable offense just rolls over a dominating defe.......oh wait.

Fuck everyone who thought Ohio State didn't have a shot at beating Oregon.
I didn't think that.

500th post in this thrad.

Edit: DAMMIT BEATEN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
playoffs plz.
Obamaman will save us!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:05 am 
are you laughin now, beeyotch?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD9CFSMVO0
Quote:
A top official of the Bowl Championship Series says there are more important things for Congress to worry about than pressing for a playoff system for college football.

"With everything going on in the country, I can't believe that Congress is wasting time and spending taxpayers' money on football," Bill Hancock, the BCS executive director, said in a phone interview. "We feel strongly that managing of college sports is best left to the people in higher education."

"We just can't imagine that the members of Congress will think it's their job to dictate how college football should be played," Hancock said.
I don't actually know words venomous enough to respond to this.

Quote:
Shortly after his election last year, Obama said there should be a playoff system.

"I'm going to throw my weight around a little bit," Obama said at the time. "I think it's the right thing to do."
Throw away, throwers. That's change I can finally get behind.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:16 am 
come into the FUCKDOME

I would play 13 trillion in taxes for playoffs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:44 pm 

Congress is filled with ex-college and pro players.
They should have a say.

Additionally, our elected officials are supposed to be looking out for our interests.
The American people care about:
1) Celebrity Bullshit
2) Sports
3) Their money (cleverly disguised as the phrase "the economy")

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:34 pm 
I AM GREAT

Uh yeah. News flash: schools get a ton of federal money, so don't even start with this "stay out of it" fucking bullshit.

Other news flash: schools make or don't make a ton of money with their athletic programs, depending on attendance, licensing, and (probably most of all) deals with networks. A school that gets fucked out of a national title appearance is a school that got fucked out of a ton of money. So, let's see:

1) a ton of money is involved
2) a ton of entities are involved that AREN'T schools (networks, advertising, merchandise, state and local economies, etc.)
3) the entire system is controlled by a group (conferences et al.) that can and does practice exclusion of others (conferences/schools) from participating in this market
4) the business is conducted, and money is transferred, across state lines
5) step 3 is what we like to call a "cartel" here in America
6) step 4 is what we like to call "interstate commerce" here in America
7) Federal antitrust law governs things that belong in steps 5 and 6, so
8 ) FUCKING SHUT THE FUCK UP AND REAP WHAT YOU SOW, YOU FUCKING RETARDS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:20 pm 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4805271

Haha, they had to hire a guy to spew their bullshit, they weren't even buying it anymore.
Quote:
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- The new BCS executive director officially began his tenure Thursday by saying the often-criticized postseason represents a consensus among the 120 schools that play major college football.
Nope, just their presidents.
Quote:
Bill Hancock said a playoff at college football's highest level would lead to more injuries,
Don't be a pussy. It's football.
Quote:
conflict with final exams,
Who gives a shit?
Quote:
kill the bowl system
Good.
'
Quote:
and diminish the importance of the regular season.
Rofl, sure thing bud.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:23 pm 

If find myself watching the championship and wondering, is there a less likeable person then Nick Saban?
He's on the Mt Rushmore of douchebaggery.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:18 am 

Quote:
If find myself watching the championship and wondering, is there a less likeable person then Nick Saban?
He's on the Mt Rushmore of douchebaggery.
A friend of mine texted me during the SEC championship game and said "I hate Alabama." I texted back and asked why, to which he responded "Forrest Gump. Literacy. Nick Saban." I can only assume those were in ascending order.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:06 am 
resident debaucher

I'd have much preferred to watch UT v Alabama last night instead of getting a showcase for future talent.

That would've been great.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:10 am 

Quote:
I'd have much preferred to watch UT v Alabama last night instead of getting a showcase for future talent.

That would've been great.
Devil's Advocate: in '94, Nebraska lost their starting QB for 7 games w/ blood clots, then lost their backup for a game with a collapsed lung. Result: some rubbing dirt on it, some walking it off, one national championship.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:44 am 
come into the FUCKDOME

In summary...

People from Texas: "waaaaah"
Most other people: "meh"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:00 am 
I AM GREAT

Quote:
Most other people: "meh"
Yeah. I didn't even know the title game was going on until Brady texted me. Good thing the postseason has a month of everyone sitting around on their asses and getting bored. Also good thing it means anything to anyone besides fans of the teams in meaningless bowl games.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:07 am 
Site Admin

not caring is easier if your alma mater consistently sucks compared to the Longhorns.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:20 am 
I AM GREAT

Quote:
not caring is easier if your alma mater consistently sucks compared to the Longhorns.
It's easy if your team isn't selected into the BCS title game. In any bowl game besides the title game, who gives a shit about it at all besides fans of the teams playing in it? Maybe you turn it on if it's supposed to be a good matchup, but usually the teams are selected based on biggest market share possible, and the game is a meaningless piece of shit.

In the case of the title game, I stopped giving a shit about that years ago because of the fucking retarded system we have for selecting the champion. I'll watch every game of the NCAA basketball postseason I can, because those games mean something. An upset means you get one step closer to the national fucking championship. In the football postseason, teams outside the predetermined title game are just playing for bragging rights to one more "W." Who gives a shit. Not me, if neither of the teams in question are Nebraska.

Yes, Texas is a good football school. I'm not trying to take away from that by saying I didn't care about any bowl games besides Nebraska's this year. I'm just saying the system is retarded, on which we all agree except maybe Coqui. I never did figure out his opinion on this.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:01 am 
come into the FUCKDOME

Quote:
Yes...
Tennessee Vs. Texas

Head to head Tennessee 1-2 vs. Texas

Since the start of the BCS, Tennessee has won one title, Texas has won one title.
All time, Tennessee has 6 national titles, Texas has 4.

Tennessee has been in 2 BCS bowls (1-1), Texas has been in 4 (3-1).
All time, Tennessee has been in 48 bowl games, Texas has been in 49
Tennessee has 25 bowl wins, Texas has 25 bowl wins

The SEC has won 6 BCS titles and the Big 12 has won 2, Big East 1, Big 10 1, Pac 10 1 and ACC 1.

By Conference (not including this year) the Mountain West (2-0) has the highest win percentage in BCS games (all of them, not just the title). Followed by the SEC (12-5) Pac 10 (9-4), Big East (6-5), WAC (1-1), Big 12 (7-9), Big Ten (8-11), ACC (2-9) Independents (0-3).

It seems that the two teams are "consistently" the same except (going by the national title picture) Tennessee has been playing in a better conference for the last 12 years.

If you want to get even more spergy about it,

Tennessee (UT)
Founded 1794, First year of football 1891, Colors: Orange and White, Stadium Capacity 100,011, Record attendance: 109,061

Texas (UT)
Founded 1883, First year of football 1893, Colors Burnt Orange and White, Stadium Capacity 100,119, Record attendance: 101,357

You guys fucking copy us in everything :mad:.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

oh no disrespect meant to nebraska - you guys played a helluva game.

and yea, historically Tennessee's a great team. But i was just thinking of the Vol's relevancy in recent memory... say, 1998?(when mack brown starts at Texas and Vols win their Nat Championship.)

Win percent:
55% Vols, 79% Longhorns

Now you can say SEC is a tougher conference and be correct, but that doesn't balance the win differences and suddenly make the Vols relevant. - they haven't even won their conference division since 1998. You've made bowl games every year since like the Longhorns, but only won 4 of them compared to our 8.

So yea, I wish we had a playoff system too, but I don't get why you want to try and aggravate fans of a better team after their pseudo-loss to your biggest rival. Because I think we could all agree that if you took away Colt, AND took away Ingram, that Donkey Kong Suh would win.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:16 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Quote:
So yea, I wish we had a playoff system too, but I don't get why you want to try and aggravate fans of a better team after their pseudo-loss to your biggest rival. Because I think we could all agree that if you took away Colt, AND took away Ingram, that Donkey Kong Suh would win.
That shit right there is the main reason.

You just can't accept a loss. Hi welcome to football, players get hurt, that is the game, you lost. You can argue all you want about what could have happened if things went differently but in the end Texas lost. It's not a pseudo-loss, its just a loss.

It's the constant bitchfest that is the most annoying.

Also, I consider Florida the biggest rival.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

lol constant bitchfest? Dime made a single post. I haven't said shit about it except in response to someone else (you, hogg, assrott) bringing it up. You're the one with the stick up your ass, which is all the more ridiculous since you're a complete outsider to the matter. And considering how we're always gracious winners and never BCS darlings, I think we're permitted a small amount of :(

also, lol at your wikipedia page saying your rivalries consist the 4 teams that make up 80% of your division, plus Bama. I wonder what our rivalries are listed as. (checked - just A&M and OU, like it should be.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:10 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

:rolleyes:
Yes, cause I wrote the wikipedia page

I dont have a stick up my ass, I predicted Bama would win and Im glad they did. I just think it's funny that "this win shouldn't count" since McCoy got hurt.

To play devil's advocate, since Tennessee had a "pseudo loss" against Bama, they should hold a share of the national championship. lol.
You just need to accept that Texas is only on par with TCU and Cincinnati this season. Boise and Bama are clearly better.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:48 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

The bitchfest thing probably isn't fair. I know more Texas fans than just you guys and it HAS been a bitchfest listening to them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:25 pm 
resident debaucher

I usually don't argue about football. As far as what someone else thinks (hapy, in this case), I'm a complete vacuum of giving a shit.

As far as this game goes, the 'what might have been' is far more interesting than what actually happened. I found the game completely boring. I wouldn't have lamented a UT loss here if McCoy had been in the game - I much prefer watching an exciting game.

tl;dr don't care, crymore@bitchnet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:32 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

fuck lane kiffen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:20 am 

Quote:
Quote:
It's easy if your team isn't selected into the BCS title game. In any bowl game besides the title game, who gives a shit about it at all besides fans of the teams playing in it? Maybe you turn it on if it's supposed to be a good matchup, but usually the teams are selected based on biggest market share possible, and the game is a meaningless piece of shit.
There was a 9% increase in people who watched the BCS Championship game over last year's game.
In fact out of the BCS bowls, 4 out of the 5 bowls increased their audience. The 5th that didn't? It was TCU vs. Boise State. That dropped 21% Although more people wathed the Capital One Bowl than they did the Orange Bowl.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:28 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Tennessee has been playing in a better conference for the last 12 years.

This is highly incorrect.

The SEC has been "dominant" for four years only. And I only put that in quotes because you guys have the National Championship winner. That means you have the best team in college football. Looking down from that, the quality level drops off dramatically. 2008 you guys definitely had the best conference.

2006, the Big10 was way better than the SEC. It was just that Florida and USC was better than any team in the Big10. (And I'd say the Big12 was the toughest)
2007, all the conferences sucked and well LSU just happened to be on top.
2008, your conference was the best
2009, after Alabama, there was a major dropoff in talent. Cincinatti was not the right opponent to prove that with Florida. Any team with an above average defense, would have handled Florida this bowl season.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 621 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2325 Next