crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:37 pm 

Yeah I think as we've all noticed, the online play is half-brilliant, half-disaster.

If Relic fixes this then it'll be the next Starcraft/Warcraft.

If they don't then who plays a great game that no one plays?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:00 pm 

Ok I think I've perfected an Allied Strategy.

On spawn, send engineers out to capture supply stuff. While they are out, build 2 engineers (no more than that). 2nd engineers will build a Weapons Support Center. 3rd engineer goes out to capture.

By the time the 3rd engineers are out, the 1st ones should be done capturing. Make 1st and 3rd engineers capture two more spots then move them together to capture victory point.

Once 2nd engineers are done, send them out to capture and build a machine gun squad. By the time that's done, you should have enough points to build another set. Send the machine gun to a choke point if available (preferable inside a building)

From this point, build more machine gun guys (4 at most) have them capture stuff and your engineers should have captured a lot of things. Send one back to base to build a supply yard. The others are responsible for building observation posts on the fuel points only. Start to upgrade your engineers to flamethrowers as time permits....send them into buildings at choke points.

As your machine guns capture more points, keep an eye out while you wait for enough points to build an armory. Once armory is built, press with flame engineers and machine guns to choke out the enemy (again use buildings if at all possible.)

The first tank you should build is a dragon tank (the one that shoots flames) This requires 110 fuel points (hence why you should have 3 posts with observation decks)

Send this immediatly to flank the enemy and take out his armory first.

Should you notice he has built a tank, build a barracks (not create one from an existing building), research sticky bombs and create two rifleman units. Their sole purpose is to take out tanks. Do not use them for any other purpose and have them retreat if no tanks are there. They should keep the tanks busy (enemy should have at most one by the time your dragon tank is at their base)

As soon as you can, build a tank destroyer tank and send him to their base as well. If you picked Airborne class for your promotions, send air strikes against the armory. If you picked armor class for your promotion, get a calliope tank as soon as possible. Infantry class is worthless IMO.

Your dragon tank will be responsible for any enemies coming up to you while your tanks take out the armory. The calliope special ability is amazing in taking out buildings and shouldn't take too long to get twoo of them.

Once you take out the armory, take out the command post. After that, it's pretty much a guaranteed win.

This has worked against two CPU Normal enemies vs. myself.

Some things of note, never NEVER have your tanks go against theirs unless it's multiplayer. The CPU has the ability to have their tank face you at all times and Nazi tanks outdo Allied tanks until you get the Bradley upgrade (which takes too long)

Don't be afraid to retreat your guys. They're much cheaper to reinforce than to rebuild.

As allies, it takes forever to get AT weapons, so your main goal is to take out any Tank building facilities by any means possible.

Airborne class, do a spy plane then drop airborne near it and upgrade them to rockets. Send them after the armory as well.

Hope this helps. I'll let you know how it goes against an expert enemy when I try it tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:23 pm 
BACON!!!

sounds good. i dont think infantry command is useless though. get the artillery strike and a few howitzers built, send a sniper into their base as a spotter and blow the whole thing away. but it sounds like a good strat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:47 pm 
I AM GREAT

Calliopes are fucking amazing. I wish the rocket strike weren't so expensive though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:48 am 

Quote:
sounds good. i dont think infantry command is useless though. get the artillery strike and a few howitzers built, send a sniper into their base as a spotter and blow the whole thing away. but it sounds like a good strat
Anytime I've seen red smoke around me, I evacuate the area. I have yet to be hit by an artillery strike. It's too easy to dodge.

I have yet to use the howitzer so for now I stand corrected as to the usefulness of the infantry command.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:50 am 

Quote:
Calliopes are fucking amazing. I wish the rocket strike weren't so expensive though.
Takes one strike plus a little work from the dragon to take out the buildings. Takes two strikes for a headquarters.

Anything else is done in one strike so you just center it on a group of people and they're all dead. I've honestly never run out of resources when I used it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:52 am 

My normal goal when going against someone is:

1 dragon tank, 1 tank destroyer, 2 calliope tanks.

If I get to the bradley upgrade, then 1 of those as well.

Keep the dragon there to defend your other tanks (no tanks should be coming up to you if you followed the strat) and just demolish the enemy with everything you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:04 am 
BACON!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Anytime I've seen red smoke around me, I evacuate the area. I have yet to be hit by an artillery strike. It's too easy to dodge.

I have yet to use the howitzer so for now I stand corrected as to the usefulness of the infantry command.
yeah the artillery strike isnt very good against infantry and vehicles but it does do pretty well at destroying their buildings. i mostly use it for that or to attack the enemy while they are fighting with a teammate. that way they either keep fighting and die or run away and let my teammate recover or capture a point or something. and the howitzers are good. its basically the exact same thing as the artillery strike except for a few things. it doesnt use red smoke. it just shoots and hits the ground where you target. so its a lot harder to run away. also the only resources it takes are the ones needed to build it. then every strike you get out of it is free. main problem is that they have a limited range so you have to build them closer to hit the enemy base and you need to have something to defend it if you do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:49 pm 

Ok so the written out strat.....not so good against expert AI.

I will tweak and report back to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:25 am 
resident debaucher

Expert AI = tank traps. everywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:26 pm 

So i really haven't been playing that much, but are landmines really worth the time after the initial "confrontation" as it seems like they are not worth the upkeep of constantly redeploying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:28 pm 
BACON!!!

Quote:
So i really haven't been playing that much, but are landmines really worth the time after the initial "confrontation" as it seems like they are not worth the upkeep of constantly redeploying?
theyre probably good to put down at the beginning of the round when your just sending engineers or whatever out to capture points. that way when people first start to try to take the points back the land mines kill them and then you have a little extra time to get tanks or something better for defending the points. i dont normally use them much.

how many people have tried using axis?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:33 pm 

Quote:

I have and I hate their system. It's quite confusing. Easier to win with as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:38 pm 

I don't know if i posted this here or not, but I don't care if its a repost. Once you attatch some of your guys to say a anti tank gun or something can you unnattach them from it. Its annoying as hell if I've got these guys attatched to a huge gun and normally if I odn't want them anymore I just suicide charge them somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:26 pm 
BACON!!!

Quote:
Quote:

I have and I hate their system. It's quite confusing. Easier to win with as well.
ive tried it a couple times. i like some of their stuff but the it does get a little comfusing sometimes. im mostly just playing with them so i know what they have and what they can do. then i know what im fighting against and what to watch out for.

Quote:
I don't know if i posted this here or not, but I don't care if its a repost. Once you attatch some of your guys to say a anti tank gun or something can you unnattach them from it. Its annoying as hell if I've got these guys attatched to a huge gun and normally if I odn't want them anymore I just suicide charge them somewhere.
yes you can. at least i think you can. i was able to do it in the single player campaign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:06 pm 

Quote:
No you can't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:19 pm 
BACON!!!

OH. i think i know what i was thinking of now. i was remembering the missions where you had to take out the AA guns. the ones that i didnt destroy i took control of and those ones let you leave the gun. i think you could actually use those to double the number of squads you have. might be able to do it in multiplayer with the axis 88s or the allied howitzers but im not sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:50 pm 

Moving the actual CoH strategies back over here from my 'How to not suck balls' column. That was really just there as another gay reference....damn people not taking things literally...

As Sabs brought up in there a couple nights back we tried just using infantry. Lots and lots of infantry. And it worked very, very well. That night we played solely as the Americans, but last night we went back and spent most of the night playing as the Axis but using the same principles. As each side is a little different I'll break up this post a little:

Allied:
1) Start off building 1 additional set of engineers. Have your starting group begin building a barracks immediately. As soon as the 2nd set of engineers is created have them help finish the barracks, then immediately send both off to capture points. If you're playing on a 'strategic points' style victory make sure one of the groups is running for a point, the 2nd group should be trying to take over resourses.
2) Remember that a group of american engineers outguns a single group of german engineers. If you find a group of germans at the strategic point just attack them and drive them off.
3) As soon as the barracks finishes building you can start creating infantry squads (the benifit of only doing 2 sets of engineers). You should be able to create a 2nd squad of infantry very shortly after the first is completed. Continue building more infantry squads until you have enough fuel to buy the BAR rifles. It should be your first upgrade and purchased ASAP. Then get the stickybombs again as soon as you have the fuel to purchase them. You should have from 4-6 infantry squads at any time, usually moving in groups of 2-3.
4) Remember that although stickybombs will work well against 1 tank or a couple light vehicles, but not much else. Make sure to start building AT guns before the axis start pumping out lots of vehicles. Also make sure to tell your squads to retreat anytime they lose many of their members ( i usually retreat at 2 people if in the middle of a firefight, 4 if the squad isnt currently doing anything productive).
5) A forward barracks can be of great assistance. It not only lets you build your infantry and AT guns closer to the battle, it also lets you restock your squads in that general area.
6) Infantry are okay for offensive operations, but great for defense. Make sure to defend as often as possible. Always set your troops up behind the best cover you can, utilize the range of their weapons, and use their special abilities as much as possible (the 'pin' ability works great and nades aren't bad either).
7) Lastly a general note: The overuse of infantry works well to give you an initial advantage. You have to maintain that advantage through to make it last throughout the game. Control the fuel points (you may not need them, but it denies them to the other side). Keep on the offensive as much as possible. Beat the other side into a corner and then keep beating them like a little jewish school girl.

That's enough for now, i'll come back to hit up the Axis side later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:26 pm 
I AM GREAT

Axis:

Build two of the Halftracks Full of Super Enhanced Invincible Fucking Stormtroopers With Nuclear Rockets That Take Down Buildings In Two Hits. Send the aforementioned to the enemy town and they will annihilate it. Clean up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:42 am 

Ya I ripped off the title from a Disney film, but Disney's ripped me off, so this is just payback.

It all began on a nippy October day, shortly after the first snowfall of the year.

Hogg, Teaks, and I were sipping on warm sider, discussing the events of the day when a young man named TatorSalad (something to the effect) attempted to sully us using grammar, puncuation and other assorted sundries.

Having picked up the thrown gauntlet we chose our weapon: Axis.

Using the Composite Teaks/Sabs "supertrooper strategrieses" we proceeded to pump out personel at powerful speed.

Alas, this turned out to be of little consequence as both Teaks and I were hammered (but fear not, there was no MANhammering) at our respective headquarters well into the round. I was taken down to practically nill (an engineer, a officer, and a squad of granadiers) but with help from Hogg, Teaks was able to beat back the barbarians at his gate.

The assault on our base proved to do exactly what the enemy intended and we soon found ourselves down to one checkpoint- to their three!

The points slid away from us as our fight grew evermore desperate soon we were down ten points to their four-hundred plus!

Hogg had only one mission: TATORSALAD MUST PAY.

Hogg sent a fastrack loaded with his finest squad into the black heart of the Salad's main base and layed seige to Salad's headquarters pounding the will to play (nay, LIVE!) from Salad's body, forcing the stupidass Salad to forfeit the game. Tatorsalad slunk back to the shadow, to save his oily, blackened tenticles.

That was meerly a battle won, the war was not over!

We were down to TWO POINTS!

THEY STILL HAD HUNDREDS!

So in a wave more powerful than anything that has washed ashore this green earth we pounded them from the East, pushing West and using a dedicated trifecta of supertroopers, fastracks, and tiger aces we took back the checkpoints...

breathless we crossed the finishline as one...

Victory!

[=D]

Total Enemy Ellimination!

Final Score 2-137.

Suck it bitches. Suck it hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:59 am 
tongue in cheek

dammit i shoulda played

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:04 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:25 pm 

Ok the single player campaign made me come up with this strat:

Build as many engineers as you can immediatly.
Send the 1st two out to capture. 3rd builds a barracks. 4th out to capture.

When 3rd is done, have him build a supply yard. As soon as he can, build a motorpool. Build rifleman as needed (you won't be able to ge the BAR just yet)

Once you can complete the motorpool, build one M3 Halftrack and 1 Anti Tank Gun. (in that order) send the halftrack out to any high density of enemy infantry. While it's on it's way there, start building the quad cannon upgrade for it. You should be upgrading your engineers to flamethrowers and attacking to preserve your points. Try to get at least 2 anti tank guns per chokepoint and a half track to back them up against infrantry. When you can afford to and you aren't pressured, build your tank depot and get ready for tanks. Airborne class works wonderfully for this because you can have airborne infantry fall in and take up the anti tank guns if your guys get wiped out.

My other strat depended on you getting to them before they built a tank or two. This one allows you to go in and take them out fairly well. The half tracks don't take damage from infantry (at least very minimal) and well the anti tank guns do damage (use the armor piercing rounds if you're getting swamped by tanks) Constantly re-inforce those chokepoints with more anti tank and more half tracks until you can start pushing to their bases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:53 pm 
tongue in cheek

]CS[ Hacker Killer : Oddios. I have a number of screenshots of this disruptive shit. Posting in the forums. Later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:39 pm 
resident debaucher

Quote:
]CS[ Hacker Killer : Oddios. I have a number of screenshots of this disruptive shit. Posting in the forums. Later
story?