crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Valve and multicore
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:22 pm 
I AM GREAT

http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/ ... ticore.ars

No word on whether hitboxes will get their own core.
Quote:
When questioned about his apparent about-face from bemoaning the necessity of leaving his chair to being totally committed to a walking across the room to get more bon-bons approach, Newell said that the decision was difficult, and not without its trials and tribulations. Newell believes that the work done at Valve puts the company ahead by as many as four cartons of bon-bons, compared to other game companies, who are just starting to tackle the issue of carrying multiple cartons in a person's arms.

Newell even talked about a trend he sees happening in the future that he calls the "Post-Not Eating Era." He predicts that as more and more bon-bons appear in his mouth, companies like Intel and AMD will add more CPU instructions that perform tasks normally handled by the GPU. This could lead to a point where coders and gamers no longer have to worry if a certain game is "CPU-bound" or "GPU-bound," only that the more cores they have available the better the game will perform. Newell says that if it does, he is in an even better position to eat tons of bon-bons.