[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 265: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 329: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
Starcraft 2 - Page 2 - crapy clawn forums

crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Re: Starcraft 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:37 am 

I just tried out the first 3 missions. They were almost exactly the SAME AS THE FIRST! Costs like hundreds of millions of dollars to remake a game?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

Tycho agrees with us about starcraft 2.
and by us i mean, "not fusoya."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:10 pm 

I'm hopeful that Starcraft 2 is Blizzards' way of re-integrating themselves back into gaming culture outside of their (great) MMO.
Call it a warm-up stretch.
But at center, I'm a jaded wreck; when I now look at Blizzard all I see is the money-grubbing sloshpit that is Activision and their up-front-about-it CEO.
Prove me wrong Blizz.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:52 pm 

Quote:
I'm hopeful that Starcraft 2 is Blizzards' way of re-integrating themselves back into gaming culture outside of their (great) MMO.
Call it a warm-up stretch.
But at center, I'm a jaded wreck; when I now look at Blizzard all I see is the money-grubbing sloshpit that is Activision and their up-front-about-it CEO.
Prove me wrong Blizz.
Blizzard is the Apple of the gaming world now imo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:00 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

So I read the Ars review of SC2 and it kinda made me want to get it... but at the same time its 60 fucking dollars which is way too much.

Also there was this quote in the comments.
Quote:
The lack of LAN play is a intentional decision, and will turn a small number of hard core players no longer relevant to Blizzard's 21st century business model off the game.
I do want to play it but I just dont want to pay for it.

Also reading about it on Kotaku I saw several comments along the lines... "Yeah dude software piracy is like totally killing PC titles." So yeah, fuck companies that develop for console only. SC2 sold 1.5 million copies in its first 2 days. Thats 900 million dollars worth of sales.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

if they stop making games for the PC because of piracy, PC users will simply buy consoles and pirate those games.

i know a good chunk of pirates are the try before you buy type. Release good games with solid demos and you will make your fucking money. yes, it's hard to make a good game. yes there is lots of competition, especially from the indie game explosion enabled by digital distribution.

I mean, I don't feel i'm hurting for good games. I play about 25 hours a week of games, and there's a lot that I'll never get to play but are really good. Mostly singleplayer games. I feel like we cover the multiplayer gaming scene pretty well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:09 am 

Quote:
if they stop making games for the PC because of piracy, PC users will simply buy consoles and pirate those games.

i know a good chunk of pirates are the try before you buy type. Release good games with solid demos and you will make your fucking money. yes, it's hard to make a good game. yes there is lots of competition, especially from the indie game explosion enabled by digital distribution.

I mean, I don't feel i'm hurting for good games. I play about 25 hours a week of games, and there's a lot that I'll never get to play but are really good. Mostly singleplayer games. I feel like we cover the multiplayer gaming scene pretty well.
They won't stop making PC games because of piracy. Lack of a market for shovelware (hi Ubisoft) perhaps, but piracy has been a red herring. "Oh no, Splinter Cell: Call of Grand Theft Battlefield isn't selling on the PC. MUST BE THE PIRATES". Also, the expectations seem to be lower on consoles, the install base is considerably larger, and consoles are easier to support.

I'm hurting for good recent/new games, but I've got a nice back-catalog of Bioware/Black Isle/Interplay to go through.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:18 am 
come into the FUCKDOME

I was being sarcastic when I was talking bout pirates

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:37 am 

DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY

I just heard from someone that played the entire game. You get the Terrain campaign ONLY. You are then possibly forced to purchase all other campaigns after wards. Very dirty trick fuck blizzard forever.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:52 am 

Quote:
DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY

I just heard from someone that played the entire game. You get the Terrain campaign ONLY. You are then possibly forced to purchase all other campaigns after wards. Very dirty trick fuck blizzard forever.
They announced that like 6-9 months ago; damn near the same time they announced they were developing SC2. All three campaigns are to be released seperately, as seperate purchases (and I 'think' they're supposed to be stand-alones, but not positive on that). Blizz had some kind of justification for it, think it was "to concentrait more on the multiplayer aspect" or some bullshit like that. At this time I just dont care anymore and am not going to put in the time to research.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:47 am 
come into the FUCKDOME

duh Ultros.

Instead of making everyone buy it once Blizzard was smart enough to make everyone buy it 3 times. They will make roughly one jillion dollars with this scheme.

However, Ars said that the story does NOT end in a cliffhanger.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:31 am 

Well I for one am not purchasing it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:48 am 
come into the FUCKDOME

I wanna play it soooo bad but I also dont want to give them money.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:02 am 

I would have maybe waited for the price to go down and bought it.....IF they included the old version with it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I wanna play it soooo bad but I also dont want to give them money.
i'm in the same boat. i'd pay 30 dollars right now to buy it. I'll never give them sixty. May borrow it for a few months and see if I like it. if it blows me away, i'll give 'em 60.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:36 pm 
I AM GREAT

Quote:
I would have maybe waited for the price to go down and bought it.....IF they included the old version with it.
Judging by the first game, the price will go down in about 2025.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:58 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Judging by the first game, the price will go down in about 2025.
They'll just sell the trilogy battle chest for $80 until SC3 comes out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:25 am 

Dude, I'm really enjoying myself as is my brother and several RL friends I have and have been playing with nightly. It's FUN WHEEEEE!!

Also the single-player campaign is easily 14-20 hours and I don't give a FUCK about buying new ones later on if I'm still playing. WHEEE!! Even more if you decide you want all the damn achievements!! I want them but personally I kind of suck at this style of game and can't be fucked!! WHEE!! It's also a pretty damn fun and pretty single-player!! WHEE!

SUCK COCKS!!! WHEEE!!

Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:27 pm 
I AM GREAT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:17 pm 

Quote:
Dude, I'm really enjoying myself as is my brother and several RL friends I have and have been playing with nightly. It's FUN WHEEEEE!!

Also the single-player campaign is easily 14-20 hours and I don't give a FUCK about buying new ones later on if I'm still playing. WHEEE!! Even more if you decide you want all the damn achievements!! I want them but personally I kind of suck at this style of game and can't be fucked!! WHEE!! It's also a pretty damn fun and pretty single-player!! WHEE!

SUCK COCKS!!! WHEEE!!

Brandon

My next point children is...DON't SMOKE CRACK!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:15 pm 

Quote:

SUCK COCKS!!! WHEEE!!

Brandon
It will be interesting to see what happens with SC2 next week at QuakeCon. Steam is already a fucking pain in the ass at LANs, but WoW was possible before they blocked it, so BNet might actually work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:25 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

SUCK COCKS!!! WHEEE!!

Brandon
It will be interesting to see what happens with SC2 next week at QuakeCon. Steam is already a fucking pain in the ass at LANs, but WoW was possible before they blocked it, so BNet might actually work.
Or if Blizz was halfway fucking competent they could have left some LAN support in SC1.2 so that it could recieve some decent exposure at events like that. You don't see me cutting off my own balls in the name of copyright protection. Just saying.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

SRSLY

Attachment:
installing_starcraft.jpg
installing_starcraft.jpg [ 66.2 KiB | Viewed 7487 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:08 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Quote:

SUCK COCKS!!! WHEEE!!

Brandon
A+ Post. Hall of fame material.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:25 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

SUCK COCKS!!! WHEEE!!

Brandon
Or if Blizz was halfway fucking competent they could have left some LAN support in SC1.2 so that it could recieve some decent exposure at events like that. You don't see me cutting off my own balls in the name of copyright protection. Just saying.
The reason SC2 doesn't have built-in LAN support is so that they can own the competitive tournament market, which has been owned by third-party Korean companies for SC. Blizzard has wanted a cut of that action for years and I'm sure Kotick wants it now too. If they want "exposure", they'd likely just send down someone with a tournament BNet server. The fact that pirates can't play through Hamachi (until someone releases a BNet clone anyway) is just a bonus.

Blizzard also has a stranglehold on mods/maps for SC2, but I don't know what they're going to do with it yet...competitive maps should be fine under it, but it effectively kills TCs or large/deep campaigns.