crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 15 Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:19 pm 

Breakdown for the ini settings.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/957944-b ... 2/53863964

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:54 am 

Quote:
Did a bit more research on this.

It looks like the answers is no. HOWEVER, that gigantic fucking patch we all got a few days ago -was- the Vietnam DLC. Purchasing the DLC, in this case, is actually just purchasing a redeemable code that unlocks the software, and you can buy that shit in the EA Store.
Did a bit more looking, and finally found an intelligent person with a good set of answers:
Edit: Updated with info regarding gifted Vietnam

There seems to be some confusion regarding purchasing Vietnam. I hope this clears things up.

Any stores that "sell BC2 Vietnam", sell a 16-digit code. This code can be entered into the BC2 game client - any version of the game client. Entering this code unlocks Vietnam for that EA account. No additional download is necessary.

Here are some typical scenarios:

You have bought the base game on Steam, and Vietnam on Steam - this works. You will see Vietnam listed in your Steam client.

You have bought the base game on Steam, and someone gifts you Vietnam on Steam - this works. You will see Vietnam listed in your Steam client.

You have bought the base game on Steam, and Vietnam somewhere else - this works. The Vietnam expansion will not be visible in the Steam client, but you can access it in-game.

You have bought the base game somewhere else, and Vietnam somewhere else - this works.

You have bought the base game somewhere else, and Vietnam on Steam - this is not possible, because Steam will not sell Vietnam to someone who does not have the base game on Steam.
[Initially, it was possible to make this specific purchase - but Steam changed that fairly quickly.]
If you somehow did manage to make such a purchase, please contact Steam support to resolve this.

You have bought the base game on Steam, and someone has gifted you Vietnam on Steam - this works. You will also see Vietnam listed in your Steam client.

You have bought the base game somewhere else, and someone has gifted you Vietnam on Steam - well... Long story. The gifting will succeed. Steam will know that you have Vietnam, but you will not see it in the Steam client because you do not have the base game. Therefore you will not be able to view the 16-digit code for Vietnam. Contact Steam support to resolve this.

We have been in contact with Steam, and their support department is aware of the above.

The "Vietnam" menu in BC2 will say 'go buy the expansion' until Dec 18th. (It will still say so after you have bought the expansion.) After the 18th, the dialog will change to one where you are asked to enter your code.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:58 am 
Site Admin

so when are we gonna play? Sabs said something about this afternoon...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:37 pm 

Quote:
so when are we gonna play? Sabs said something about this afternoon...

thoughts from 5 minutes of playtime: WHAABBBHEHEHHEALALLLTHEHHEJAJAJJJJJJJJAAAAAAHELLYES!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:55 pm 

uh huh. get vent working. stat.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:26 pm 

Quote:
uh huh. get vent working. stat.
i think i gotta reinstall windows... i can't find any other fix, because their official fix doesnt work for me :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:07 am 
Site Admin

me, sabs, and spck/teaks played for about 6 hours today.

awesome.

I could never play "bad company 2: vanilla" again. Vietnam is the perfect mix of good infantry focused maps with a small part for vehicles and snipers.

This game gets a full on, hardcore, XXX rated, Agent_137 stamp of approval.

SPOILER! Highlight it to read it.
My only complaint is the crappy ways they handled the steam DLC. But that's a one-time pain so i'm OK with it.

I'll need to play it for 200 hours to be sure, but this could equal l4d2.

p.s.
smitty, buying a new sound card from the local best buy, and taking it back if it doesn't work, might be faster and easier than a re-install. just saying.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:17 am 

why the hell is the forum pink with hearts when I log in

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:32 am 
Site Admin

hahah. haahha. it's for dudes who haven't logged in since years. fix it in your profile.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:09 pm 

Quote:

p.s.
smitty, buying a new sound card from the local best buy, and taking it back if it doesn't work, might be faster and easier than a re-install. just saying.
had not considered that. i'm using onboard also, which is good but definitely not great.. christmas list: expand!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:27 pm 
resident debaucher

yeah, onboard audio is soooo late 90s

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
yeah, onboard audio is soooo late 90s
QFT

also, if you buy a headset that connects with a USB, that means it has a built in sound card and will probably bypass any of the issues you're having with your current shitty onboard sound.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:16 pm 
I AM GREAT

I've used a Razer soundcard and a couple of different Soundblaster ones, the latest being one of those higher-end ones recommended by the clawn. All of them fucked up my computer (usually by making it so other devices wouldn't function). Fuck sound cards. I don't have a problem with onboard.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I've used a Razer soundcard and a couple of different Soundblaster ones, the latest being one of those higher-end ones recommended by the clawn. All of them fucked up my computer (usually by making it so other devices wouldn't function). Fuck sound cards. I don't have a problem with onboard.
pebkac

in my experience, a 6 year old audigy 2 will work just fine until you get windows 7 then it gets a little screwy with the mic and vent. But a good USB headset from logitech works like a champ and makes it easy to swap between speakers (still on the audigy) and headset (built in).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:21 pm 
I AM GREAT

Yeah, it's my fault that various peripherals don't work when the sound card is installed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:18 am 

Quote:
Yeah, it's my fault that various peripherals don't work when the sound card is installed.
I agree with you hogg; no problem with onboard sounds

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:45 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
pebkac

in my experience, a 6 year old audigy 2 will work just fine until you get windows 7 then it gets a little screwy with the mic and vent. But a good USB headset from logitech works like a champ and makes it easy to swap between speakers (still on the audigy) and headset (built in).
which = good? what = your discount? may be interested...

hogg: everything i've read about this problem is only with some onboard sound chips + win7... dunno what else to do :/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:31 pm 

Why the fuck can I not upload a mp3 or wav file fucker?

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_zm46 ... y=CPiamZwB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:22 am 
resident debaucher

I think I've found my new ringtone.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:47 am 
I AM GREAT

I'm not saying onboard isn't your problem, Smith, just fuck sound cards.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:12 pm 

Quote:
I'm not saying onboard isn't your problem, Smith, just fuck sound cards.
i just wanna talk and be heard. i don't want to get all electrotica with it...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:29 am 
Site Admin

smith,

I have this one and I love it:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/he ... vices/5848

only complaint is sometimes it weighs heavily on the ears since it's an "around the back" headset. But a little adjustment is all it takes to make it right again.

If you want to go all out, this headset has gotten great reviews all over the internets.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/he ... vices/5095

Up to you. I can get you half off either. They both are USB sets, though the cheaper one can use a sound card if you decide to go that route later.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:44 pm 

Quote:
If you want to go all out, this headset has gotten great reviews all over the internets.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/he ... vices/5095
That's actually the headset I've got. I'm really a big fan of it...used razorsfor several years, when the last of those broke I read reviews and decided to pick up this one. Good clarity, (Both incoming and outgoing), easy to hit on the fly adjustment buttons one the sides (volume, 3 programmable, mute, etc) and does a great job of blicking outside noise. I'd happily purchase again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:02 pm 

in a weird turn of events, i fixed my soundcard issues by disabling all ports and devices related to sound except for line in (mic) and line out (speakers/headphones).

I played with Porkfrigat+Glimz for like... 3 hours on 12/23 without a single issue, so I'm fairly confident its fixed for good.

TY for the info tho!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:42 pm 
resident debaucher

Attachment:
bc2-hastings.png
bc2-hastings.png [ 405.93 KiB | Viewed 8877 times ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 15 Next