crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 715 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

then helis would last a max of ten seconds.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

I think a better fix would be to make them unstealable. its not even realistic is it? don't you need keys and special training to fly an attack chopper?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:45 pm 
I AM GREAT

Naw man, if you hop in a tank there's just a button that says "GO."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:51 pm 

The third launcher is track able as you probably already know. Its a matter of being patient and waiting to take the shot. I took one down today with a tank shell which was very pleasing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:00 pm 

Quote:
I guess... *some* of those things are what I would have fixed if I were fixing things...
My list of fixables needed to make my gaming experience better.

1. HUGE MASSIVE LAG SPIKE right after bomb planted. I don't know if you guys have this issue but wow sometimes I can't even move for 10 sec.
2. Why must I re-pick all my favorite weapons ect. every time I play again or move servers?
3. 10-25 sec for master server list refresh...wow.
4. A short set-up duration at map start and restart.
5. Some mild form of auto team balance.
6. In game voice chopps hard on some servers.

Great game, however it seems like we always end up paying $50 to beta test.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:34 pm 

Quote:
It's an EA/DICE Battlefield game. You knew exactly what you were getting into :<

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:18 am 

Well that and slow comp for the times.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:15 am 

Quote:
then helis would last a max of ten seconds.
I really have no issue with this. Did no one else see the mastery of Airpower vs. AA-capability that was battlefield:vietnam? I really enjoyed the mix of overwhelming air power (U.S. had a shitton of different planes/jets/choppers) vs. the vietcong with a bunch of good AA, worked really well. I just see a resurgence of flyboyfaggitry through chopper whoring and it pisses me off.
Quote:
I think a better fix would be to make them unstealable. its not even realistic is it? don't you need keys and special training to fly an attack chopper?
I'm okay with this idea yet too, would make it a very workable gameplay mechanic. As for realisim: there aren't keys for shit for military vehicles. Pretty much everything gets a paddlelock on the outside to lock it shut, but with a pair of bolt cutters you can get into just about everything (avoids the "What happened to Jones? He had the keys to this truck"; "Oh, he just went on leave/got blown up/is off fucking some bitch in a port-a-pottie"). The only difficulty comes in knowing how to turn the truck/tank/plane on and start it up, put it in gear, and start moving. Driving a HMMWV (humvee) is pretty easy, some of our bigger trucks take a bit more; tanks and jets I have no expirence with; heli's (blackhawk/apache) are pretty easy to power on, but no idea how difficult to actually fly. I'd imagine all the in's-and-out's (i.e. weaponry/targeting) take a good bit more to learn. Basically Yes, there is a reason for training courses for each different type of vehicle, but once you learn how to do it...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:18 am 

Quote:
The third launcher is track able as you probably already know. Its a matter of being patient and waiting to take the shot. I took one down today with a tank shell which was very pleasing.
I just hate that half your team has to devote 2 solid minutes to taking down a single heli with a good pilot, and he'll respawn and be back in that heli again 30 seconds later. I'm not a fan of having to devote a 2-man sniper squad to baby-sitting the heli-spawn area to keep it from fucking up your team constantly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:23 am 
resident debaucher

Well, at least we aren't having to deal with constant flyboy faggotry.

At the very worst an Apache/Hind is an occasional annoyance that has to be dealt with, rather than a constant, game-breaking barrage of missiles squarely up your ass.

A quick fix would be greater vertical range on the stationary AT. It's entirely possibly to bring down a Blackhawk or an Apache with them.

An even better fix would be SAM sites combined with a chaff/flare system for the helis.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:37 am 

Quote:
Well, at least we aren't having to deal with constant flyboy faggotry.

At the very worst an Apache/Hind is an occasional annoyance that has to be dealt with, rather than a constant, game-breaking barrage of missiles squarely up your ass.

A quick fix would be greater vertical range on the stationary AT. It's entirely possibly to bring down a Blackhawk or an Apache with them.

An even better fix would be SAM sites combined with a chaff/flare system for the helis.
What about including a few randomly spawning MG nests (go l4d2 AI director) for each section of a map. Instead of the one or two set emplacements that are always in the same place (like currently) identify 10-12 decent potential positions on each section of a map and have 1-3 randomly spawn each time a new section of the map is opened up. Constant rotation makes it impossible to immediately hit all AA emplacements from heli-spawn (like everyone did in BF2), doesnt require a lot of new models/textures/etc, and still gives decent AA capability.

I do agree with increasing verticle capability of all stationary positions though...would prevent the "I hover directly over you so you can't shoot me" scenario.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:45 am 

I guess another solution is to camp the heli's ourselves. I'm not a big fan of them (I've found joystick support kind of lacking, and suck flying with keyboard), but if we just had 1-2 guys waiting on all attack heli spawns all the time we wouldn't have to deal with the bullshittery.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:18 am 

Quote:

My list of fixables needed to make my gaming experience better.

1. HUGE MASSIVE LAG SPIKE right after bomb planted. I don't know if you guys have this issue but wow sometimes I can't even move for 10 sec.
2. Why must I re-pick all my favorite weapons ect. every time I play again or move servers?
3. 10-25 sec for master server list refresh...wow.
4. A short set-up duration at map start and restart.
5. Some mild form of auto team balance.
6. In game voice chopps hard on some servers.

I don't have the lag issue but I DEFINITELY agree with points 2, 3, and 5. As for in game voice chops... I'm not sure what you mean Ultros.

You talking about the IG chat? I've not heard a single person use it other then Agent to let me know my vent was muted.

Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:10 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I'm okay with this idea yet too, would make it a very workable gameplay mechanic. As for realisim: there aren't keys for shit for military vehicles. Pretty much everything gets a paddlelock on the outside to lock it shut, but with a pair of bolt cutters you can get into just about everything (avoids the "What happened to Jones? He had the keys to this truck"; "Oh, he just went on leave/got blown up/is off fucking some bitch in a port-a-pottie"). The only difficulty comes in knowing how to turn the truck/tank/plane on and start it up, put it in gear, and start moving. Driving a HMMWV (humvee) is pretty easy, some of our bigger trucks take a bit more; tanks and jets I have no expirence with; heli's (blackhawk/apache) are pretty easy to power on, but no idea how difficult to actually fly. I'd imagine all the in's-and-out's (i.e. weaponry/targeting) take a good bit more to learn. Basically Yes, there is a reason for training courses for each different type of vehicle, but once you learn how to do it...
Teaks forgot one bit of information, if it's got a steering wheel the steering column could be padlocked too, that was SoP if we left a piece of equipment in the field.
Like he said, the starter was a switch.
Anything on the CBT (H) Engineer side, with the exception of the HMMT-class vehicles (eight wheel drive motherfucker!) has an equivalent on the civilian side.
Any jackass can probably figure it out in time.

But Teaks did get me thinking about a gameplay mechanic that could temporarily alleviate the problem.

Un-lockable bolt cutters that become part of your kit.
Only two classes can have them: Recon/Engineers

It's one of the last special items you unlock.
It would be part of your vehicle enhancement tree and then becomes a choice.
Can I:
Boost Armor/Firepower?
Spot enemies?
Smoke?
-or-
Steal vehicles?

This creates an automatic limit to the people who would want to sacrifice to take one.
It'd also ensure they spend a majority of their time trying to actively steal vehicles (eliminating theft of opportunity).
That's a bonus because if two OP-for are always trying to do that then one sniper can play babysitter and steal tickets.

An augmentation, or even a separate idea from this one, is to add a meter to taking an enemy vehicle.
Think of it like planting a bomb.
You get in the chopper, but you now have to hold the 'use' key for 5 sec until you can officially take it.
It adds suspense to the moment and a chance for anyone in the area to respond.

I can't wait for you guys to rip this idea to shreds.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

vehicles should not be stealable because it's bad for playability. the realism is meaningless at this point. It significantly stacks the advantage with one team and said advantage is not based on skill or teamwork. it's "gay," unrealistic, and would require much more work to make it even semi-realistic than it would take to just turn it off.

if it MUST stay in then Spck's latest suggestions are great. But none of this matters because nothing will change, especially as long as we only bitch about it on our boards.

ultros, i agree, but i expected a LOT of crap like that and honestly there isn't as much as I expected.

QFT:
Quote:
[At least] At the very worst an Apache/Hind is an occasional annoyance that has to be dealt with, rather than a constant, game-breaking barrage of missiles squarely up your ass.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:10 pm 
tongue in cheek

Quote:
Naw man, if you hop in a tank there's just a button that says "GO."
Pop the padlock on the hatch, drop down inside, crawl into drivers compartment, and if you know the right levers/buttons you are ready to roll (until the fuel runs out our you throw track).

Thing is, you aint shooting shit from the driver's hole. No firing system controls of any type.

True story.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:54 pm 
are you laughin now, beeyotch?

Quote:
Pop the padlock on the hatch, drop down inside, crawl into drivers compartment, and if you know the right levers/buttons you are ready to roll (until the fuel runs out our you throw track).
Or unless some dick uses a sticky bomb on you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:37 am 
Site Admin

I've always thought it would be more fun to have a dedicated driver and a dedicated main gunner in games.

but then I have friends. I guess the target market does not.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:33 am 

Quote:
I've always thought it would be more fun to have a dedicated driver and a dedicated main gunner in games.

but then I have friends. I guess the target market does not.
I always feel, vehichle/uav sitting idle = bad for the team. I will always use one in a conserted effort to get more kills for the team in objective taking or anti sniper cause i hate them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:26 pm 

Found both of these on the BC2 subreddit today at work.

First off to change your FOV: http://badcompanytwo.com/news-tidbits/b ... iew-guide/

Second is for those of us who never played a BF game before and want the unlock the Veteran status gives. Not sure if it works but I'm going to give it a try later. If someone else does first and it does work let me know.
Quote:
Download the BF2142 and BF2 PC demos, install, create a login (done right when you load the game and prepare to play online) and then go register those games on the veteran site. They will count as full games. Uninstall when done. Two games is enough to get the M1.
Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:04 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Download the BF2142 and BF2 PC demos, install, create a login (done right when you load the game and prepare to play online) and then go register those games on the veteran site. They will count as full games. Uninstall when done. Two games is enough to get the M1.
Brandon
FYI, I was unable to get this to work.

Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know where this came from.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

"bad company 2 is more like the electric slide than a break dance."

lol vid comparing mw2 to bc2, with some good playing tips too. Like how light machine guns actually gain accuracy the longer you're holding down the trigger. (lol really?)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:48 pm 

Quote:
"bad company 2 is more like the electric slide than a break dance."

lol vid comparing mw2 to bc2, with some good playing tips too. Like how light machine guns actually gain accuracy the longer you're holding down the trigger. (lol really?)
Heh, this guy is actually pretty damn entertaining just to listen to. Good points and good newb guide.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:43 pm 

Took me forever to figure out that Q is used to spot rofl.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 715 Next