crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 515 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

l4d2 has been a renaissance, meaning we regularly get about 3-4 together every night. And that's plenty to dominate with since it fills up an entire team. and that's the key for me. It's not about zombies vs marines. it's about small team size so we have enough __ to dominate a server. (and feel like it's truly US vs THEM and not US + Some Randoms Who Suck vs The Elite Enemy Team Who Pounds Our Ass)

that said, I'm not seeing anyone come out of the woodwork for bf2bc except for smith, so I doubt our nightly count will change all that much. I'm sure it would be a fun thing to do when we have 5+ people online, but unless small servers are actually popular in bf2bc (lol, yea right) then I don't see how it's actually going to provide more __ victories.

i guess it's a different story if you're a pro-one man team like assrott or sabs, but that doesn't apply to me or most of us.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:52 pm 

I'm a one man team. I'll attempt to make my debut, will depend on if I am able to save funds. We'll see.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:25 pm 

The videos look nice, and the reviews are good so far, but I'm still skeptical for most of the same reasons Teaks mentioned.

If it's any more possible to go 30-0 on kills with a jet than it is on foot, it'll piss me off. That may not be "realistic," but it ruined nearly all of BF2's maps.

I'm not bothered by the 4-person squad limit, as it would be pretty broken if a large number of people could spawn on any other squad member. I think I'd prefer that to a designated squad leader, who was pretty much forced to be medic and hide to keep the squad going. If we did get 6+ people together, we could Divide Up and Form Two Squads.

This game needs one of two things at this moment to push me to buy: a demo, or a 4-pack like l4d2. If neither happens, I'd probably hold off until more people commit to buying.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:04 pm 

Quote:
The videos look nice, and the reviews are good so far, but I'm still skeptical for most of the same reasons Teaks mentioned.

If it's any more possible to go 30-0 on kills with a jet than it is on foot, it'll piss me off. That may not be "realistic," but it ruined nearly all of BF2's maps.

I'm not bothered by the 4-person squad limit, as it would be pretty broken if a large number of people could spawn on any other squad member. I think I'd prefer that to a designated squad leader, who was pretty much forced to be medic and hide to keep the squad going. If we did get 6+ people together, we could Divide Up and Form Two Squads.

This game needs one of two things at this moment to push me to buy: a demo, or a 4-pack like l4d2. If neither happens, I'd probably hold off until more people commit to buying.
Agreed. My big hesitation with the 4-man teams and idea of doing two (which could work together like one big squad, all in one vent channel) is the limit of 16-player sides...taking up half of the available slots on a side makes it a much more "Us vs. Them" scenario then a "Us as part of a larger group vs. the world" scenario which I really liked on bf2. Opening up to 64-player servers would be wonderfully outstanding.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:52 pm 

Quote:

btw, just found out there are no jets (or any fixed wing aircraft) in BC2..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:29 am 

Quote:
None? Just heli's? I feel a stirring in my pants...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:26 am 
resident debaucher

Quote:
Quote:
Nope. There's UAVs (which are easily destroyable), attack helis (again, easily destroyable), and transport helis.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:02 pm 
resident debaucher

Master Server is down until 2AM EST.

They had some intermittent connectivity problems, and they're fixing them (hopefully).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:25 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope. There's UAVs (which are easily destroyable), attack helis (again, easily destroyable), and transport helis.

Surfing UAV's is the game of gentlemen and scholars.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:07 pm 
tongue in cheek

Rob's Objections (and we agree with him that most of them suck...)

1. Finding a server without retarded settings and room to teamstack one side.

2. How hard is it to find Underscores and all join the same server?

3. No 64 man servers (yet), but he likes the cap at 32 for several reasons.

4. We cant all be in the same squad if there are more than 4 of us.

5. His pusy hurts, bad.

6. Jets, Artillery, things that kill him with no warning, anything that is realistic = NONONONONONONO =>NO<=

7. When he dies how long does it take him to get back into the game? Does he have to respawn in BFE? Will he be so bored right now?

8. Does not want to watch people play more than he plays.

9. [He did'nt add this one but to be fair]... EA servers have rage quit today for like 9 hours already due to load

Anyone who is not a 'fanboi' want to respond?

Last edited by Glimfeather on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:16 pm 
resident debaucher

I'll take a stab at these, since I probably have the most playtime so far.

As far as I can tell, there are two modes of play. Normal and hardcore. Things may change as time goes on (mods, etc) but for now, we're picking between these two modes.

Normal has: killcams, crosshairs, more player HP
Hardcore has: no killcams, no crosshairs (only iron sights or red dot when zoomed), less player HP

As far as teamstacking, I'm able to switch teams freely. The only time I've been blocked from doing so is when I attempt to do so multiple times in a short period.

2. How hard is it to find Underscores and all join the same server?

Assuming we all have each other added in the in-game friends list, not hard at all.

3. No 64 man servers (yet), but he likes the cap at 32 for several reasons.

I doubt they'll go to 64 man servers.

4. We cant all be in the same squad if there are more than 4 of us.

Sucks, but it doesn't break the game in any way.

5. His pusy hurts, bad.

Vagisil is next to the microphones.

6. Jets, Artillery, things that kill him with no warning, anything that is realistic = NONONONONONONO =>NO<=

Like Smith said, there are no jets of any kind. Helicopters and UAVs are low HP. Recons can call in mortar strikes. Just take cover, ffs.

7. When he dies how long does it take him to get back into the game? Does he have to respawn in BFE? Will he be so bored right now?

About 5 seconds. You can respawn on any of your squadmates, at the staging area, or at any captured point.

8. Does not want to watch people play more than he plays.

If you play clumsily, you'll die. A lot. Sorry.

9. [He did'nt add this one but to be fair]... EA servers have rage quit today for like 9 hours already due to load

Yeah, sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:42 pm 

Quote:
I'll take a stab at these, since I probably have the most playtime so far.

As far as I can tell, there are two modes of play. Normal and hardcore. Things may change as time goes on (mods, etc) but for now, we're picking between these two modes.
Mods are highly unlikely. EA/DICE have no plans to release an SDK and I know they won't release the dedicated server to the public. I would imagine server administration is limited to stuff like reserve slots, bans, config, etc.

BF3 is supposed to have an SDK though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:17 am 
resident debaucher

To: Glimz, Smith, PorkFrigate

Last night was fucking great.

Let's do it again!

(twss)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:46 pm 

Quote:

Let's do it again!

(twss)
amen and amen.

Wish I had time to play tonight, I do not.

FYI, FWIW: Windows 7 does NOT work with Ventrillo. As Glimz and I are on Win7, we had to find an alternative. The alternative is an opensource voicechat software called Mumble. Its pretty great. And free. http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Server: wc3edit.net
port: 64738
channel: Underscores [__]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:51 pm 
I AM GREAT

Vent works fine for me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:35 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Let's do it again!

(twss)
amen and amen.

Wish I had time to play tonight, I do not.

FYI, FWIW: Windows 7 does NOT work with Ventrillo. As Glimz and I are on Win7, we had to find an alternative. The alternative is an opensource voicechat software called Mumble. Its pretty great. And free. http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Server: wc3edit.net
port: 64738
channel: Underscores [__]
I'm on 7 now.
Have been for the last 2-3 months.
Stable, fine, no issues at all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:27 am 
I AM GREAT

Now that I actually got into a server and played a game, I did have a bit of problem with Vent while I was playing (the same lag-for-a-while problem that Glim had). But outside of BFBC2, I've never had any problems with Vent on Win7.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

dime's doing ok in ventrilo now in bc2.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:31 pm 

Shoulda been more specific. Realtek and some Soundblasters + win7 + vent = don't work.

Glimz and I are both on Win7 with realtek.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:32 pm 
I AM GREAT

I also have Realtek and Win7.

Realtek's drivers sure suck a huge dick, always and forever. I wish they'd make drivers that just play sound, and record input. If anyone cared about all that other shit, they'd buy a better sound card.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

isn't realtek just the sound cards that come built into the motherboard? Any gamer should do his hobby justice and spend an extra 40 bucks on a decent soundcard. It's an audible and significant improvement.

I have an old ass audigy2 that I got as a hand me down from pun][sher in 2004. It still beats the pants off the onboard audio that came with the 100something dollar motherboard I bought in 2009.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:39 pm 
I AM GREAT

Link me to something good and I'll buy it. Last time I had a soundcard, it was a Razer Barracuda. It sucked all kinds of ass. Time before that was a Soundblaster of some kind that ended up causing assrott's BIOS not to post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:45 pm 
are you laughin now, beeyotch?

Quote:
Link me to something good and I'll buy it. Last time I had a soundcard, it was a Razer Barracuda. It sucked all kinds of ass. Time before that was a Soundblaster of some kind that ended up causing assrott's BIOS not to post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:54 pm 

Pretty much any X-Fi (except for XtremeAudio), made either by Creative or Auzentech, or the Asus Xonar line will do just fine. The Xonars are probably less likely to have issues with your hardware setup since they're not made by Creative. I've been using an XtremeMusic on a (now ancient) NF4 and haven't had any issues with drivers or hardware compatibility.

TechReport probably has the best mainstream coverage of audio solutions.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:12 pm 

This game, lads.....this GAME.

I had a tl;dr description of my experiences so far with BC2 typed out, but I got so bored right now. Distillation: I had not heard of the game until Wednesday, promises of destructable stuff got my attention as I have a sick mania for collateral destruction, I looked at youtube movies and was amazed, got the game (thx to help from bros) and was blown away by singleplay on Friday, and have since been floored by high volumes of sheer awesome in online engagements.
I understand that like everything it has shortcomings, but it's hard for me to put on the careface about those when I can rocket a wall across the courtyard and send an annoying-as-shit sniper to kingdom come in a cloud of dust and masonry.

Last night superspck told of M-Com stations that could be destroyed by dropping the building they are in. We sneaked to a flanking position behind rocks in a Humvee and poured rockets into the structure like rain with Hogg(?) resupplying when the launchers ran dry. Everything we had been told was true, as the M-Com ceased to be when the building fell. This was repeated as often as we could manage. When it was our turn to defend, we made them pay dearly for every yard of ground gained. I am pleased to say that more than a couple helos dove for the ground with one of my rockets jammed somewhere uncomfortable during this time. A fantastically rewarding experience.

Bottom line: if you are able to run this game and have ever played a Battlefield title, you owe it to yourself to buy and play it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 515 Next