[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 265: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 329: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 265: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 329: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 10 - crapy clawn forums

crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1215 Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:10 pm 

would it work IRL? Not really, but that's just due to the properties of the C4 or other explosive used in the land mines. Both anti-tank and anti-personnel mines (and most explosives commonly used in the military) are actually very stable compounds, and require an electrical charge to detonate a primer to create the necessary heat/force to actually detonate the C4. Lacking the primer you can shoot C4 all day and do absolutely nothing to it. A HE (high-explosive, i.e. not a frag) grenade MAY (I say may because I really don't know, not a combat engineer or spec ops) cause C4 to blow, but as used in game there's too much crap surrounding the c4 in the mine, and nothing packed around the grenade causing the explosive blast to be concentraited towards the c4 to get any reaction.

If they wanted to make it realistic (and probably balance the gameplay a bit) still allow mines to do a shitton of damage to the box, but make them much more difficult to detonate. Allow engies to place mines all around the mcom, but make it so mines can only be detonated by another large explosive like c4 (placed by another engie/assault), direct hit from explosive 30mm rounds from a bradley APC, direct hit on mine from a rocket, or some other directly applied high-explosive. That requires at least two players both with skill and a lot of coordination to pull off a mcom det, and would probably make it less productive to try to kill the box then just blow it the normal way, but still allow the possibility of it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:42 pm 

Quote:
A HE (high-explosive, i.e. not a frag) grenade MAY (I say may because I really don't know, not a combat engineer or spec ops) cause C4 to blow, but as used in game there's too much crap surrounding the c4 in the mine, and nothing packed around the grenade causing the explosive blast to be concentrated towards the c4 to get any reaction.
And you've made me go to the bookshelf and dig up my manual because I just don't know the nitty gritty like I used to.
I just did 2 hours worth of reading.
Good times.

Short answer is yes a frag grenade can set off C4.
Why? Because the M67 frag uses Compound B (part of the C-in-C4 family). Weee!
Grenade is made up of a fun onion of death.

Outershell = shrapnel
Guts = Comp B
Blasting cap = M213 fuze

The "electrical" detonator Teaks mentioned is a method of delivery, not ignition.
You can also set it off using any HE item.
Both M6 and M7 detonation setups use a blasting cap as the mini "pop" that starts the "boom".
Hell, you can wrap det cord around a block of C4 and set it off no caps or electrical wire required.

As far as mines specifically?
Most have a Tetryl core, which is cheaper than the Compound stuff in the volume a mine will use it in and close to the same expansive properties.
While Teaks is right that the outer shell protects against a HE setting off the Tet inside, that would never come into play.
Why?

Logic assumption. When you pull out the mines in bc2 and left click the mine is on the ground armed.
We know this because when we put it out and something rolls over it the mine explodes.
Sure we don't see the process of arming, but whatever.
So the mine is live when we placed it and the force of even a few ounces of HE a frag provides moves enough gasses (the pressure wave that's the deadly part of the explosive) to trip the pressure-activator setup on the land mine. Throw in some shrapnel and the debris it would create and the chances go up even higher.

This argument may not hold up by tossing a grenade someplace near a mine in an open field, but the MCOMs are usually in enclosed buildings where proximity makes things easier.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

holy shit, that's cool as hell.

i'm totally at peace now with anti-tank mining the m-com.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:29 am 

yeah, i missed a lot of the physics of that...hence why I'm not an engie and don't want to fuck with explosives much myself.

"Front towards Enemy"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:34 am 

Quote:
yeah, i missed a lot of the physics of that...hence why I'm not an engie and don't want to fuck with explosives much myself.

"Front towards Enemy"
I loved the hell out of all that stuff.
The only time I've ever sat down to do math and be very particular about it was Crane operation and Engie stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:35 am 
resident debaucher

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70840 ... ealed.html

o_O

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
lol @ the comments:
Battlefield: Minecraft
Battlefield: Zombies
etc etc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:20 pm 
I AM GREAT

I hope it's BattlefieldVille.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

here this is for smith.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/mega64/104/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:39 pm 

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:50 pm 
resident debaucher

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/11/08/free- ... avourites/

Fook yee.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

woot. as long as it's not fucking Karkand.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:04 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Quote:
woah brah, slow your roll. Karkand is awesome, Shaqi is better.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:13 pm 
are you laughin now, beeyotch?

Quote:
Quote:
woah brah, slow your roll. Karkand is awesome, Shaqi is better.
When I die, I want to go to Sharqi.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:38 pm 
resident debaucher

Me too.

So long as Jerry is bustin' hymen.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:57 pm 
resident debaucher

Last night was all manner of bad ass.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:08 pm 

I now have a good handle on whoring up the Blackhawk.

I've been practicing hovering with erratic movements, which lets you keep a good distance with both gunners able to hit targets which are straight in front of the cockpit. Constant movements make it tough for missles, tracers, and sniper fire to hit the pilot and gunners.

The other key is the countermeasures. I think we all know to equip smoke to get flares on the chopper, but I finally figured out how to use them properly (no thanks to the internets... just a lot of my trial and error). After getting hit with a tracer (indicated by the beeping and red "missile lock" flash), fire off the tracer IMMEDIATELY. If you delay much more than a second it will be useless, so you really gotta be listening for the beeps. This is very effective and I've not seen it fail. Another thing I do is make a quick movement as I'm firing off the tracer. I then hang back a little further and make plenty of movements until the flares recharge.

I haven't had a lot of runs with this method yet, but with two good gunners I know it'll be pretty badass. The gunners need to be spotting as often as possible to help each other out with targets. Other than that, it's just a matter of decent aim. For most of my practice I had poor gunners, but when I did get a decent one he went 10-0 before we got hit with a well-placed AT4. With two good gunners and more practice from me I think we can really dominate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

woot. looking forward to it. So, any tips on being a gunner?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:16 pm 

Use spotting as often as possible; not just for the other gunner and the rest of the team, but to track targets that are running for cover. Focus on one enemy at a time until they're either down or in cover you can't get through, such as a hill. Make sure to lead targets as they run away since you're at a pretty large distance.

The gun can be used to take down any building that can normally be dropped by C4 as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:26 pm 
I AM GREAT

Awesome. I want to try it; I'll be one of those shitty gunners you spoke of.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:51 pm 
resident debaucher

http://g4tv.com/videos/50066/battlefiel ... s-trailer/

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:08 pm 
resident debaucher

Also, Sabz. Sign me up. If you can do half as well as that pubbie was doing the other day, you're my pilot 4 lyfe.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:54 pm 

Quote:
I now have a good handle on whoring up the Blackhawk.

I've been practicing hovering with erratic movements, which lets you keep a good distance with both gunners able to hit targets which are straight in front of the cockpit. Constant movements make it tough for missles, tracers, and sniper fire to hit the pilot and gunners.

The other key is the countermeasures. I think we all know to equip smoke to get flares on the chopper, but I finally figured out how to use them properly (no thanks to the internets... just a lot of my trial and error). After getting hit with a tracer (indicated by the beeping and red "missile lock" flash), fire off the tracer IMMEDIATELY. If you delay much more than a second it will be useless, so you really gotta be listening for the beeps. This is very effective and I've not seen it fail. Another thing I do is make a quick movement as I'm firing off the tracer. I then hang back a little further and make plenty of movements until the flares recharge.

I haven't had a lot of runs with this method yet, but with two good gunners I know it'll be pretty badass. The gunners need to be spotting as often as possible to help each other out with targets. Other than that, it's just a matter of decent aim. For most of my practice I had poor gunners, but when I did get a decent one he went 10-0 before we got hit with a well-placed AT4. With two good gunners and more practice from me I think we can really dominate.

This works very well. Gunners must be made aware of shooting the aa guns immediately. They must also be aware of the respawn time. If I ever get back home I am setting back up the eyefinity. I can see the entire gunner's views as well as the pilots view with it. Speaking of I guess I need to find 3 monitors to buy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:55 pm 

Also you can stay out of the aa tank's range if you hover slightly above them. Gunners should aim for the top to kill gunner first.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:36 am 
resident debaucher

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/11/30/2-6-g ... -incoming/

This is live.

Also, wtf.. a patch one-third the size of the original game?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1215 Next