[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 265: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 329: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 265: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 329: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Purchase or not Poll - Page 2 - crapy clawn forums

crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Shall the Underscores dominate that which is named "Battlefield: Bad Company 2?"
Have already purchased 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Will buy if everyone else does (and have the funds available) 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Will buy if everyone else does (when I have time/money) 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Might buy someday if I get a better comp/it goes on sale 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Won't buy - too many nightmares from bf2 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 6
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:58 pm 
resident debaucher

Quote:
Quote:
my favorite part about bc2 is the total lack of flyboi fags. There are NO FLYABLE JETS. repeat: NO FLYABLE JETS. this is the bf2 we always wanted. Vehicles and NO FLYABLE JETS. I don't even think there are attack helicopters. Just big blackcawks.

I assume bf3 will have jets. I will definitely not be purchasing it.
Does this imply that you bought BC2?
yep

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:37 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Have already purchased
Dime
Hogg
Glimz
Smith
PorkFrigat
Snow Pea
Sabs
Superspck
Teaks
Agent137

Will buy if everyone else does (and have the funds available)

Will buy if everyone else does (when I have time/money)

Might buy someday if I get a better comp/it goes on sale
KingLoser

Won't buy - too many nightmares from bf2
whiney bitches

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:14 pm 
are you laughin now, beeyotch?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Have already purchased
Dime
Hogg
Glimz
Smith
PorkFrigat
Snow Pea
Sabs
Superspck
Teaks
Agent137

Will buy if everyone else does (and have the funds available)

Will buy if everyone else does (when I have time/money)

Might buy someday if I get a better comp/it goes on sale
KingLoser
assrott

Won't buy - too many nightmares from bf2
whiney bitches

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

for the record, i'll leave bc2 in order to play with a haas or two. (i'd do the same for a teaks or a spck but i don't think they'd want to leave.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:59 am 

Bought and installed last night, but having some severe graphics issues. Single player (at least the first 60 seconds) worked alright, but every time I loaded inot a multiplayer game, as soon as I spawned I'd start getting weird black/white flashiness replacing the skyline (basically above the treetops). It'd start about 10-30 seconds after spawning and continue for 10-60 seconds when the whole screen would get really pixelated with a lot of color bleed and the game would freeze. Continued Alt-Tab/Ctrl/Alt/Del would sometimes get me sound back (I could hear others in mumble), but no change in screen or ability to close the game through windows.

I updated video card drivers, played with all my in-game graphic settings (tried dropping various bits, all lowest, etc), forced the directx=9 change, and finally ended the night by just letting widows run it's autoupdate and install every update it wanted...going to go back and try again tonight and see what I can figure out, but for now I'm a limp-dick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:31 pm 

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/380660.page
Quote:
I dont know if Iv had luck for 3 days now but I unplugged my creative fatal1ty usb headset and been playing with speakers. Because I spoke to EA live support about this problem. I sended him my dxdiag. He told me to unplugg all input connections except keyboard and mouse and reboot. So that is my headset.

Not been crashing for about 3 days now. Can it be a headset problem? DICE? Creative?

I know its weird!

you guys should atleast try if you are using a headset

The support saw from my DXDIAG information that my sound was messing with the game.
Maybe just a broken headset but but
Whatever.
Dig further into the forums and it becomes clear some people hold sound issues as the responsible party.
So try updating those drivers too.
But, it's the internet, there's a lot of silly shit slung out there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:37 pm 
resident debaucher

dutilly clan, you guys need to let us know when you're gaming. we have no way of knowing short of logging into mumble.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

get on steam. you can add non steam games to steam and it will show us when you are playing. even xfire, if you must. (no one uses it anymore)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:30 pm 

FUCK YOU EA. FUCK YOU BC2.
I've reinstalled video drivers, sound drivers, directx.
I've played with headphones, speakers, and no sounds.
I've edited the settings.ini file to disable bloom, force directx9 compatibility.
I've played with every setting in the options menu in the game, including all high end, all low end, different resolutions, different refresh rates, and everything else inbetween.
FUCK YOU EA.
OUT.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:50 pm 

Oh. Now I'm more then pissed off. Do I load the rifle now, or go to the store for more ammo first? Should I just start killing, or do I go to the armory for the armored truck first?

FUCK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:21 pm 

Emailed EVGA tech support about it. Fuck it, I'm going to play xbox until they get back to me. Sorry all, but fuck this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:38 pm 
resident debaucher

I don't blame you in the least.

We'll be here when shit gets sorted out, with open arms and erect peni.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:18 am 

Teaks, did you happen to use 196.75 NVidia drivers?

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/20 ... ivers.aspx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:41 am 
I AM GREAT

Oh NO.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:29 am 
tongue in cheek

I've been running this driver (196.75) since right before I instlawled BFBC2...no worries or artifacting and I can still control my GPU fanspeed. Game did crash out once when i had the fan speed at <40% by accident.

Specs:

GeForce GTX260
AMD 7750BE @ 2.4ghz
4gb DDR2 PC8500
ASUS M4A78 - Pro

I'm sorry for your loss, Teaks.

**Also, sorry to everyone who sees my phantom instance of BC2 running and thinks im in-game. Apparently I'm part of EA's folding team or some shit... wish they would fix it so the game stops when I exit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:36 am 

Quote:
Teaks, did you happen to use 196.75 NVidia drivers?

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/20 ... ivers.aspx
Don't know what I was using before...whatever I installed around March of last year and has worked great until now. New one I just installed is 196.21. I leave my comp on almost 24/day; came back to it this morning to find it still on, but no output to the monitor (like it crashed). Beginning to wonder if my video card hasn't crapped out. Read a good bit about the "Pink Screen of Death" in my search for help last night, but the pictures I saw then weren't quite like mine. Just getting a 'funny feeling'.

Oh, guess in all my technical complaining should post some tech specs:

Intel Core i7, 920 whatevermacallit
Corsair 1600mhz ram, 6 GB (3x2GB)
EVGA NVIDIA GTX 280 card
EVGA X58 motherboard
WD 300GB Raptor HD
Dell 24" Monitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:43 am 

Quote:
Thank you for contacting the EVGA Customer Service Team.
My name is Jayson Cane and I will be answering your question today. Please do not reply to this email, submit any follow up questions here
Question (03/09/2010 7:20:12 PM): Just purchased battlefield bad company 2. After loading my first game I found the menu's worked fine, but on loading into my first game within 10-30 seconds the screen froze up with much of it pixulating and turning partly pink. This has been the same issue since. I've updated graphics drivers, sound drivers, directx, played with every graphics setting, sound setting I can find or think of. I've even gone into txt editing of some of the games files under suggestion of forums. Nothing has worked (started this process yesterday afternoon, total of about 8hrs into it now). In the last hour I just tried to load left4dead2, and on loading into a game it immediately gave me the same problem (has been working flawlessly since november until now). As soon as it freezes I get either intermitten or no sound, and cannot get off that screen (alt-tab, ctrl/alt/del, etc don't work). Only way out is to restart the computer. Getting a little frustraited here. Please help! Here are links to pictures I have taken of the screen after freezing: http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... 0_1102.jpg
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... 0_1100.jpg
Answered By Jayson C (03/10/2010 5:41:22 AM): If you are getting random characters, spots, blocks, glitches, pixilation, dots, textures, tears, lines and/or items on the screen, it may be that you might be experiencing some artifacting. You can download ATItool and run a scan test for artifacting. http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/ You might have a power issue that may be contributing. You are going to want to double check the voltage on the 12 volt rail in the bios. . Please enter your BIOS and look for one of the following menus: Hardware Monitor, HW Monitor, System Monitor, or PC Health Status. In this menu should be a live rating on the +12V. If this falls between 11.96V and 12.35V then your power supply is in proper working order. If does not, then please test your system with a different power supply that meets the requirements of the card. Next you want to check for temperature issues, verify that you are not over heating or running extremely warm. You might want to download EVGA Precision that you can find right on our website. This utility allows you to monitor the temps on your card. A typical idle temp for graphics cards would be 45-58c and 55-100c under load. Please let us know your findings. If the above checks out and is in spec, then it may be the graphics card needs to be replaced.

Thank you,
EVGA

Pretty quick response from EVGA support, and well explained. Impressed with their support so far. Will check it out tonight...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:04 am 

That sucks dude. Hope they fix you up fast. Did you say no flyable jets or choppers?

Also is there a demo version like old school bf2?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

no flyable jets.

Only a handful of maps have flyable choppers. either a blackhawk or a apache/hind. They are deadly however these maps usually don't have tanks, just APCs. There are a few maps with tanks, but they don't have attack choppers. It's very focused on ground combat and the vehicles are only there to enrich it.

Snipers are still annoying as fuck. A lot of times they don't even have to leave their base to snipe you if they are on the attacking team.

There is no demo version, but there was a beta. (which has to be uninstalled before the real game will work or you get punkbuster issues).

just buy it if you have a good amount of time to play with us. If not, we'll still play l4d2 so just message us for that when you're around. (the singleplayer for bc2 is decent, but i don't know how long it is.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:50 pm 

Quote:
Pretty quick response from EVGA support, and well explained. Impressed with their support so far. Will check it out tonight...
Too bad you're not close by to me or we could pop your video card in another computer to test it out. I hope it's not dead, but artifacts are often a sign of a defective card. Don't know what their turnaround time is, but at least EVGA has a good warranty.