[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 265: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 329: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 265: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 329: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
whats going on in this thread - crapy clawn forums

crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:50 pm 

source still sucks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:09 pm 

true story, but so does pretty much every other multiplayer game of the past several years

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:35 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

KingPest.... good lord, I havnt heard from you in like.... years

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

bad company 2 is getting OK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

l4d1 and l4d2 are the best shooters ever created but are hampered by severe rage quitting and not a lot of consideration for 4 dudes who just want to play with each other against other dudes and lack of any competitive community whatsoever.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:56 pm 

Quote:
l4d1 and l4d2 are the best shooters ever created but are hampered by severe rage quitting and not a lot of consideration for 4 dudes who just want to play with each other against other dudes and lack of any competitive community whatsoever.
I found the L4Ds to be boring and lacking depth, especially for competitive play. I tried to like it so I could play with you guys, but it never happened.

I'm just hoping Brink doesn't suck so I can play something other than Quake Live.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

heretic I didn't even know you still played any games.

I enjoyed l4d mostly for three things:
it demanded intense cooperative teamplay at all times (and had good difficulty progression to keep the heat on)
was very well polished with few annoying bugs and lots of fixes
i never had to rely on random retards when playing. (There were always at least 2-3 underscores around to fill out a team)

if by "lack of depth" you mean "small number of weapons, maps, and paths through maps" then yea, that was definitely a flaw, but for me rage quitting killed versus gameplay well before the small variety had a chance to even bother me.

what's your steam name these days?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

How about bc2?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:51 pm 

Yea, that's part of the lack of depth. It felt like I was stuck in a 24/7 d/d2 and the only strategy that could ever be employed was to rush one site. I never really had to deal with rage-quitters as I only played on LAN or with people I knew.

I occasionally play QL; more often it's just some single player game that I want to replay/finish, and I'm almost never on Steam. My nick on there is Heretic though.

I tried BC2 but it just seemed like a gimped (no mods, etc) BF2 without planes. I also rage-uninstalled when I tried the single-player. Probably the worst event scripting I've ever seen in an FPS. The fact that EA/DICE see it as a stop-gap game for BF3 gives me no hope for decent support from them; I expect support to dwindle as they prepare for Medal of Honor too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:09 am 

I always hoped LFD was going to be far less linear.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:03 am 
Site Admin

yea, tros. it was always promised but never delivered. Maybe l4d3. heh.

anyway heretic you should give bc2 another shot, if you already bought it. We got lots of guys playing. You really enjoyed the planes? Personally I put 193+ hours into BF2, never touched a mod, and hated planes the entire time. So bc2 is pretty much my holy grail of the BF series.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:45 pm 

Is it too much to ask to find an allmaps server with FF on and no stupid mods that give everybody $16k at the beginning of each round? It would also be nice to not play with guys that consistently go 30:1 ever single map.

Anyhow does suspect or keith koopmans hang out around here?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

haha kingpest. Nice 4th post.

also: it's dead. the community has moved past the game you used to love. sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:34 pm 

Quote:
yea, tros. it was always promised but never delivered. Maybe l4d3. heh.

anyway heretic you should give bc2 another shot, if you already bought it. We got lots of guys playing. You really enjoyed the planes? Personally I put 193+ hours into BF2, never touched a mod, and hated planes the entire time. So bc2 is pretty much my holy grail of the BF series.
Don't own BC2. The planes were nice when I had my joystick around, but the crux of the matter is that BC2 is basically half a game that will have practically no support very soon. As opposed to BF2, which was 5/8 of a game and had practically no support for most of its life (quite a few of the mods were good/decent though). Though I never bought BF2 either, just used my brother's copy after he abandoned it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:37 pm 
resident debaucher

I dunno man. While I agree with what you're saying, none of it matters much to me. I have a goddamned blast playing BC2, and that's really all I care about.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:01 pm 

Quote:
Don't own BC2. The planes were nice when I had my joystick around, but the crux of the matter is that BC2 is basically half a game that will have practically no support very soon. As opposed to BF2, which was 5/8 of a game and had practically no support for most of its life (quite a few of the mods were good/decent though). Though I never bought BF2 either, just used my brother's copy after he abandoned it.
Planes were nice as a side-game, kinda like when they include card-games in RPG's. Fun, yes, but ultimately just a distraction from the real-deal. BC2, despite my earlier skepticism is a solid multi-person FPS. It adds more to the destructible environment then most others have, delivers solidly in most other areas. Is it "The Game" that we'll play for the next 4 years? No, but it is a worthwhile purchase and the current center of our attentions. Given another 6-12 months we'll move on, but in the meantime you'll get your monies worth out of purchasing this one and playing with us.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:28 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

BC2 is pretty rock solid cool, I have very few criticisms (and since I am a game dev my opinion is important).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
but the crux of the matter is that BC2 is basically half a game that will have practically no support very soon.
I agree, but I think the problem here is your standards. If you want single player go replay dues ex or something. If you want longevity go play WoW. If you want to shoot dudes in the face and die a lot next to your __ buddies, BC2 is your game. Get in while it lasts.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:55 am 

Quote:
Quote:
but the crux of the matter is that BC2 is basically half a game that will have practically no support very soon.
I agree, but I think the problem here is your standards. If you want single player go replay dues ex or something.
I agree and that's pretty much what I've resorted to doing :<. I might pick it up when I have fewer deadlines/IRL stuff to deal with or if it goes on sale again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

hey heretic, Brink looks retarded.

When are you going to re-install bc2 and ride again with __?

Bergeguy just bought it. you remember him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:16 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Quote:
hey heretic, Brink looks retarded.
Explain yourself

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:30 pm 
Site Admin

it's a game. it's in pre-sale now. all the character models look like secksi dudes made to appeal to frat guys still in the closet.

IT'S NOT A PENIS:
Attachment:
brink5.jpg
brink5.jpg [ 91.14 KiB | Viewed 9794 times ]

Attachments:
brink4.jpg
brink4.jpg [ 32.75 KiB | Viewed 9794 times ]
brink3.jpg
brink3.jpg [ 25.01 KiB | Viewed 9794 times ]
brink2.jpg
brink2.jpg [ 12.71 KiB | Viewed 9794 times ]
brink1.jpg
brink1.jpg [ 15.96 KiB | Viewed 9794 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:42 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

The trailers I watched made it seem like Mirror's Edge meets a real combat fps... which could be awesome if pulled off correctly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:03 am 

Played this at Quakecon. Thoughts:
  • You don't notice the character models so much in MP, especially since half the time they've got some sort of mask and body armor on since you have a bunch of customization options.
  • Gameplay seemed ok, but they were demoing it with 360 controllers on a PC (apparently to show that the control mappings weren't fubar on the 360) so I'm not sure how the gunplay is.
  • The map they were demoing didn't particularly showcase the SMART system, but sprinting at shit that looked like something you should be able to get over seemed to work as advertised.
  • I'm not too worried about consolization given that it's Splash Damage making the game, but it's always a possibility. My primary concern with Splash Damage is that they'll overcompensate for ETQW's unforgiving learning curve and go for something more like TF2.
  • The game was supposed to come out this Fall (September iirc), but it was pushed back to Spring.
  • Pre-orders are for nubs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:04 am 
Site Admin

but i heard mirror's edge sucked.