[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 265: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 329: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 265: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 329: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3035)
dime's Battlefield 3 Thread - Page 16 - crapy clawn forums

crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1822 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:14 pm 

Attachment:
assshaft.PNG
assshaft.PNG [ 3.72 KiB | Viewed 8881 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

lol @ posi. indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:37 am 

PC patch is going to be available some time on the 29th.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:44 am 

man, i guess bf3 is where the action is?

need new comp.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:12 pm 

Yes, it's been out about 6 months but there are still a bunch of us playing at least a few nights a week. With the various DLC coming out it should keep up entertained for the rest of the year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:41 am 
resident debaucher

The patch is live. Fire up Origin before you go to work.

See you tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:33 am 

I had to tell it to update, so if you get a chance, right click the BF3 icon under My Games and click Check for Update. Patch is 1.5GB so it shouldn't take all that long.

I'll be on tonight also.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:19 pm 

Here's a decent video on some of the patch changes, if you have time to watch a video before you have a chance to play.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:12 pm 
resident debaucher

Played about 20 minutes just now.

So fucking happy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:46 pm 

Quote:
Played about 20 minutes just now.

So fucking happy.
world must be coming to en end. next rob will say he's happy with it..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:53 pm 
Site Admin

don't worry i'm not.

I was really excited for it. the patch notes sound great. but i haven't had fun playing in the 7 hours i've put into it so far. but i'm sure i'll get used to it.

they did unfuck the infra-red scope. i like that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:27 pm 

Quote:
don't worry i'm not.

I was really excited for it. the patch notes sound great. but i haven't had fun playing in the 7 hours i've put into it so far. but i'm sure i'll get used to it.

they did unfuck the infra-red scope. i like that.
How'd they change the thermal scope?

I really like the changes to the IGLA/Stinger. For the most part very happy with all the aircraft changes (exception is the stationary AA's....there is no call for the American AA on the carrier to be able to shoot the russian helo in it's base...reference Noshar canals on conquest).

I'm also a fan of the decrease in repair rate on all armored vehicles. It makes it a much more fesible thing to kill vehicles with multiple repair guys.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

it got a few nerfs:
* they narrowed the sight a lot. Kills your peripheral vision now.

* added a max range to the heat detection. If someone is pretty far away they don't glow at all. Which makes it very hard to shoot someone who is far away. They're just more green and black amid a sea of green and black.

And a buff:
* removed that fog effect which made it completely worthless.

Now i'd recommend it's use for areas where there will be lots of jackasses hiding in bushes or in shadows. And it's practical anytime at medium range.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:01 pm 

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/ ... .247583400

The lowdown
Quote:
Get all weapons and gadgets unique to all four classes, all upgrades for both air and ground vehicles, and all co-op weapons in the ultimate shortcut bundle! This massive pack immediately unlocks all 119 weapons, gadgets, and vehicle upgrades from all other available shortcut packs.

These items are normally unlocked by earning experience while playing as the different classes, using the available vehicles, and by completing the co-op campaign.

The Ultimate Bundle literally contains too many items to list in this space! For a complete listing of all of the items in this bundle, please refer to these individual packs and their respective descriptions: Kit Shortcut Bundle, Air Vehicle Shortcut, Ground Vehicle Shortcut, and Co-op Weapons Shortcut.
I'm not sure how I feel about this.
Unlocks take time (not skill) to unlock, so it's not a huge deal, but is anyone else a little creeped out?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:50 pm 

I don't really mind. EA's a business, and they have to make their money somewhere. I'd rather it be things like this than monthly fees or more expensive DLC. At least they're not charging for weapons that we can't otherwise have. The availability of weapons and other unlocks comes with paid DLC, which also includes maps, vehicles, and gameplay modes, and I think that's a good system.

New players aren't going to be much better if they suddenly have all the unlocks. It still takes time to figure out how to use vehicles and which weapon attachments are the best choice.

I also don't really see it as being "unfair" to those who've played a bunch of hours and already got these items. Some people see it as "work" to unlock all the items, but I see getting new unlocks as being a lot of the fun that comes along with playing a bunch. If someone thinks it's "work" to get unlocks, I'd argue they're playing a game for the wrong reason. Much like people who grind away at a repetitive task to level up, like some of the exploits patched early on in BF3. That can't be fun.

Now, if these were available for purchase on the first day the game was out, I'd have a problem with it. Everyone was a new player at that point, and paying for otherwise unattainable unlocks would then give a player an advantage.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:42 am 

This should help us select servers. We should be able to tell if they have a high ticket count, round is about to end, or teams are very stacked.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ne ... 672366278/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:47 pm 

Here's to hoping it's as advertised.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:12 am 

Quote:
if they have a high ticket count, round is about to end, or teams are very stacked.
Well, those qualifications just eliminated every server with > 6 people already on them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:56 pm 

That is true, but at least if we want to kickstart an empty server we should be able to find one that isn't crap.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:00 pm 

Attachment:
promotion.PNG
promotion.PNG [ 19.49 KiB | Viewed 8770 times ]
Oh boy, only -1130 points to go.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:46 pm 

Creepy, good editing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

nice. i see that as my nightmares if battlefield were real life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:43 am 

Went through every weapon/vehicle I'd ever gotten kills/points with and unlocked all the accessories:
Attachment:
unlocks.PNG
unlocks.PNG [ 54.7 KiB | Viewed 8738 times ]
Also, for ether: http://i.imgur.com/ak7qR.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:03 am 
Site Admin

hahah, awesome. reminds me of gold starring every smith damn weapon in bad company 2.

i don't think i have the heart to do that in bf3. There are so many more weapons, and unlocking all the things requires what, at least 270 to 350 kills per weapon?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:43 am 

For Teaks, or anyone else who played Red Alert:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1822 Next