crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Crysis 2 Multiplayer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:11 pm 
Site Admin

had to create a random account with random letters (no numerics) and a random email (can't exist on the servers) in order to get into the demo, but actually had a good time playing.

It's fast paced. It's exactly like the counter-strike team deathmatch mode except with some suit powers tossed in (and optionally objectives). Your energy runs out quick though so the powers are just good for adding another layer of quick tactics. i.e. you're getting shot so you either turn on armor and shoot back, or sprint away.

I never saw the gay attack-vehicle summons you can do if you get enough kills. But reportedly 2 or 3 exist.

Best part is you can group up w/in your clan and it tries to keep you together.

I know none of you will like this because you're either like "wha it's not realistic." or "wha it's too much like CoD." Be that as it may, it's a fun romp. I'd be down for grouping up in the demo with anyone who wants to play.

Post subject: Re: Crysis 2 Multiplayer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:43 am 

i've played a few hours over the weekend, i mainly downloaded it to see how it would play (surprisingly well, it stays steady at 70-90% useage on 4 of my 6 cores).

Its fun for a few minutes, but it feels grindy. Not sure why it feels more grindy then say BFBC2, but it does.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:00 pm 

I'm down to try pretty much anything.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:46 pm 
resident debaucher

Quote:
but i poop from there

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:51 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
but i poop from there
Not for long. Now bend over.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:00 am 
Site Admin

ok report from night 2:

had to make a new account because since the login/pass to the 1st one was random and it doesn't save the details on account creation.

1st round. some dude on the other team went 17 and 1. I lead my team 10 and 9.

One of my kills was when this guy mowed me down and then I spawned about 10 feet behind him.

squad tactics comprise the majority of possible tactics with this game. Solo it's only a matter of time. (and by time i mean about 20 seconds.) There's no place to hide anywhere, the folks you kill see your killshot and location, and powers really only work in 5-8 second bursts.

my favorite part is when it cuts to the kill cam and I see the guy spraying and praying. One or 2 bullets hit me in the torso and i die. Or even better, when the guy melees me to death and then the kill cam shows him missing me 3 times in slow motion.

I'd say TF2 is a better game (but since I can't get headshots with an automatic weapon in it won't satisfy me.) Crysis 2 isn't bad for a free demo. I'd spend 15 bucks on it if it was an indie game.

Really thinking about buying bulletstorm.

p.s.
the crysis servers shit the bed at 1am and the only way to exit the "disconnecting" screen was to kill the application. And of course re-launching the game and trying to log-in caused the same problem.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:36 am 

Agent: did you turn off aim assist? I did, but i suspect most do not.. i can see evidence of it in almost every kill-cam i get to watch.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:36 am 
Site Admin

it's possible, but i think something is just wonky with with the . . . dare i say it . . interpolation (and/or hitboxes).

The devs say that aim assist is forced off for all PC users unless they are using a gamepad:
Quote:
Auto Aim
For those of you concerned about auto aim in the PC version, please note this functionality is for control pads only (the PC version supports 360 control pads) and will not affect keyboard + mouse!
p.s.
they patched the demo, lol. not sure what the fix list is though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:57 pm 

Quote:
it's possible, but i think something is just wonky with with the . . . dare i say it . . interpolation (and/or hitboxes).

The devs say that aim assist is forced off for all PC users unless they are using a gamepad:
Quote:
Auto Aim
For those of you concerned about auto aim in the PC version, please note this functionality is for control pads only (the PC version supports 360 control pads) and will not affect keyboard + mouse!
p.s.
they patched the demo, lol. not sure what the fix list is though.

hmm. prolly just what you said then. cause its really super suspect.