crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:43 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Get your story straight:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:42 pm 

Names people. I want the origin stories behind them.
Not the real ones. The one you use on the mean electronic streets of steam. The one Gabe calls you.
Here's the bit of lunacy that inspired it:
[quote]superspck: REALIZATION: You have a picture of a horse as your steam profile because you like horses, not because you are in fact, a horse. I jump to this conclusion because I own the mat that allows me to JUMP to conclusions. But I am now questioning reality. Is Hogg truely not a Hog (Boss or otherwise)? Is Positron not the antiparticle part of an electron? Is Dime not currency. WHO DO THE AGENTS WORK FOR? What in gods name does that make a Sabs?! You're making my world explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ __ ] Smoke: HAHAHA
[ __ ] Smoke: what is a superspck
[ __ ] Smoke: a miniscule particle of matter?
superspck: Good question. I've been thinking about just adding the "E" to make people stop assuming I'm racist.
[ __ ] Smoke: lol
superspck: I should start that.
[ __ ] Smoke: you should ask a broad question to the Clawn
[ __ ] Smoke: Where did they get their names, and what is the significance of them
[ __ ] Smoke: HAHA IT LOOKS SO WEIRD
superspeck- now with "E" flavor: Right?
superspeck- now with "E" flavor: I feel kinda.. I dunno. Weird now.
[ __ ] Smoke: yup
superspeck- now with "E" flavor: OK, building it now. I require participation, so marshal your forces and twist some nipples until they go on the record.
[ __ ] Smoke: I will bat my doe eyes at them
superspeck- now with "E" flavor: Aw, you stole eyes from a deer? That's gross. And there's a deer bumping into trees in the woods. Blind deer. Good job, jerk.
[ __ ] Smoke: no i ate the deer
[ __ ] Smoke: mmmmmmmmmmm venison
superspeck- now with "E" flavor: ew
superspeck- now with "E" flavor: Stringy crap.
[ __ ] Smoke: yes but so tasty
[ __ ] Smoke: so gamey
superspeck- now with "E" flavor: So are track athletes. That's why I'm going to sit by the debate team if my plane ever crashes. The can argue, but they can't run.
[ __ ] Smoke: lol
[ __ ] Smoke: you and Teaks will be too busy eating the terrorist responsible for the hijacking
superspeck- now with "E" flavor: Meh, let Frankenstein do the work, I'll be marinading those who spin oratus.
[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

haha, more like superspDRUNKck.

I had the why of my name back on the old 10-99 site which is still up somewhere but I can't find the URL.

I'll have to find it later, going to dinner. bbl.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:22 pm 
resident debaucher

I took a lot of drugs during the CS days. One of which was dimethyltryptamine (DMT). I was so enamored with this little chemical that come gaming time, I picked dimethyl as my gamertag. Since people tend to prefer monosyllabics, my name eventually evolved to dime, and it stuck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:47 pm 

Quote:
It's the only time I'm awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:58 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
It's the only time I'm awesome!
qft

I started out as IJustDoNotCare. Then I threw on a [LOSER] tag one day. Then muel and a couple other homofags started wearing it too, so I became [LOSER]KingLoser because I started it. Then I kept it because I like to laugh at people that think I wear it because I have self-esteem issues.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:31 pm 
come into the FUCKDOME

Back in the days of HardGaming, if you weren't ranked in the top 300(?) players on the server then there was no way to see your rank, thus I never knew if I was close to the top 300 or woefully low on the leaderboard.

Then Duck set up clan tag support in the ranking system and there was a bug that let anyone in the [H] clan see their rank even if they weren't in the top 300. Instead of prepending an [H] to the name I was using at the time (Lucke), I decided to go with something random that started with 'H' so I could just merge the [H] tag into the name. Happy Gilmore happened to be on TV that night so I started gaming as '[H]appy'.

It didnt really matter because after another few weeks I had cracked the top 300 anyway and the [H] hack was no longer needed.

Eventually I joined up with you lot and dropped [H] in favor of [10-99] and then the eternal [ __ ] / [=D].

Eventually Hogg and others started pronouncing the name as 'Hapy' (like 'Crapy') and thus we arrive at modern day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:55 pm 

For all intensive purposes, my nickname was stolen directly from a Mortal Kombat character named Smoke.

But the embarrassing truth is, I actually snagged it from the main character of a cheesy love novel when I was 15. Whaddya want I'm a girl :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:16 am 

Quote:
For all intensive purposes, my nickname was stolen directly from a Mortal Kombat character named Smoke.

But the embarrassing truth is, I actually snagged it from the main character of a cheesy love novel when I was 15. Whaddya want I'm a girl :)
intents and purposes, ty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:46 am 

i once convinced someone (tversetti?) that I used Agnt.Smith years before the Matrix came out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:14 pm 

Since Teaks isn't here I'm gonna tell his name story.

He's the tallest of a tall family and as hard as any tropical tree species.

His father decided he was so tall and so hard he wasn't just Teak, he was Teaks. As tough and tall as the plural.

Since Sabs is a jackass and won't participate (calling my shot here buddy) I'm gonna tell his too:

While not as tall or as tough as wood, Sabs does have passing similarities to mid size Swedish automobiles.
He was forced to drop an "A" when they threatened with a lawsuit.
He added the extra "S" because he likes palindromes, but doesn't quite know how they work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:32 pm 
resident debaucher

INTENSIVE PURPOSES

sounds like a death metal band

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:42 am 
I AM GREAT

Both assrott's name and mine were the names of characters in his high school backyard "wrestling" league (in the style of WWF of olde). One of the guys had a hilarious way of delivering his lines, which led to assrott and his friends repeating the lines in like manner to each other. Several of them were addressed to the character "Hogg."

I was in the room when this was going on, and I needed a handle for something. I don't think it was Counter-Strike yet - it might have been the [H]ard|OCP forums. But I stuck with it, and now it is immortal.

By the way, spck, your original post is lovely but it doesn't really answer the question of where your name comes from.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:34 am 
resident debaucher

spck's charming brand of crazy sometimes gets in the way of what he's actually trying to say.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:07 pm 

Quote:
spck's charming brand of crazy sometimes gets in the way of what he's actually trying to say.
Not ever unless it actually does.

As far as my name goes, it was originally a play on the abbreviated version of my rank and last name (which would have looked like Spc. K) back when I was involved in such silliness.
I eventually changed it to spck (or maybe CS hated punctuation? I don't remember).
"Speck" became the pronunciation (that I immediately fell in love with by the way, so thanks!) and then it became a play on that.
It got a little cup-ballsy with superspcktacular, so I just dropped the testicles and have what you see today (I used a lot of parenthesis writing this).

How come every time King address me in the forums it's with the demand that I must "qft"?
Is it supposed to make me sad? It makes me a little sad.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:31 pm 

qft = quote for truth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:46 pm 

Quote:
qft = quote for truth
Oooop. See I assumed it meant I should "Quit fucking talking".
Now I'm happy!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:01 pm 

Quote:
Since Teaks isn't here I'm gonna tell his name story.

He's the tallest of a tall family and as hard as any tropical tree species.

His father decided he was so tall and so hard he wasn't just Teak, he was Teaks. As tough and tall as the plural.

Since Sabs is a jackass and won't participate (calling my shot here buddy) I'm gonna tell his too:

While not as tall or as tough as wood, Sabs does have passing similarities to mid size Swedish automobiles.
He was forced to drop an "A" when they threatened with a lawsuit.
He added the extra "S" because he likes palindromes, but doesn't quite know how they work.
I actully have some easy-access internetz again now, so trying to look throught he forums. As entertaining as superspcks explanation is, both Sabs and I got our names due to functionality. Sabs and I became friends in high school, and both happen to have the same first name. I think there was even a 3rd there also...can't really remember too well without any alcohols. Anyway, it became a little tiresome with 2 or 3 of us responsding anytime someone said the magic word, so the nicknames were born as spinoffs of our last names.

To answer the next question: yes, when face-to-face I do answer to "Teaks" and "Sabs" does the same. "SuperRacist" not so much.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:48 pm 

You're a bastard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:49 pm 

Hugs n' kisses by the way. Get your comically sized skull home.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:31 pm 

Quote:
Hugs n' kisses
Fun fact, gleaned from assrott's wife: John Kerry always ends his business and personal phone calls with this valediction.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:33 pm 

Headshot Magnet - When I first started to play CS, everyone.....and I mean everyone always killed me with a head shot. So I gave myself that name.

Coqui - National animal of Puerto Rico. And with me not being Puerto Rican, it makes perfect sense.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:08 pm 
I AM GREAT

Haha, I forgot you used to be that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:49 pm 
I AM A GAY N00B

Near the end of my senior year in high school, I finally convince my mother to remove the nt workstation my brother had set up as a router, and use (a shocking concept) an actual router. I was finally able to play video games on the internets and my wildest dreams were made real. Shortly afterwards a bunch of faggots thought I would make a good addition to their band of homos. My cousin, Glim, suggested I modify my last name to be Wardryer. It worked. Soon I was taking one day out of seven to play counter strike. This probably isn't a lot considering how much you all have played but that summer I looked at xfire and it said I'd spent 24 hours in the last 7 days playing.

I miss you guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:16 pm 

Quote:
Yeah it was incredibly frustrating because I would watch the kill notifications, and no one else ever got shot in the head.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah it was incredibly frustrating because I would watch the kill notifications, and no one else ever got shot in the head.
b82 bought you Kevlar AND a helmet, iirc. :-*