crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

i loved the first 6 hours of this game. great graphics, well suited to the PC, great story, and it feels like the 1st deus ex which I loved.

but now, 8 hours in, i'm running into a few annoyances.

1. using the stun gun on someone's frontside alerts the guards, even if they don't have time to scream

2. contextual abilities mean you have to rely on game designers to flag shit appropriately. be prepared to be disappointed.

3. pulling the clip out of a gun found on the ground makes the gun itself disappear into the aether.

4. the "don't take fall damage" ability ALERTS THE GUARDS.

5. close range melee takedowns COST ENERGY.

I enjoyed the first deus ex because I could blend a little sneaky with a lot of shooting bitches in the face. This game is making sneaking too boolean. I think I may just put a bunch of points into the bulletproof ability and start mowing cocksuckers down with the assault rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:16 am 

4) There's another aug for falling silently, but I have no idea how it interacts with the no fall damage aug.
5) Eat a candy bar or use normal stealth takedowns, e.g. stun gun.

FWIW, I played non-lethal stealth up through the first boss and I thought it was great. After the hostage map in the beginning, I tried to go for Ghost without attacking any guards (not a requirement, just more challenging).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
4) There's another aug for falling silently, but I have no idea how it interacts with the no fall damage aug.
5) Eat a candy bar or use normal stealth takedowns, e.g. stun gun.

FWIW, I played non-lethal stealth up through the first boss and I thought it was great. After the hostage map in the beginning, I tried to go for Ghost without attacking any guards (not a requirement, just more challenging).

yea it's still really playable, but i just don't understand what was going through their heads when they decided those "features" were good ideas.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:52 pm 

Finished the game. Pretty good. I liked the first much better as I was a super badass once I found a lot of body mods. This game was pretty decent though. I was trying to get ghost on the last level and got all the way to the bridge before the last boss and said no way and just ran through it haha. Last boss was a joke and took only 1 emp and 1 sec of lazer to beat her. I had tons of ammo and guns that I never used by the end which kinda pisses me off I had been saving them up the entire time on hard to not use hardly any of it. Never found the rocket launcher anyone else find it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:15 pm 

Quote:
Finished the game. Pretty good. I liked the first much better as I was a super badass once I found a lot of body mods. This game was pretty decent though. I was trying to get ghost on the last level and got all the way to the bridge before the last boss and said no way and just ran through it haha. Last boss was a joke and took only 1 emp and 1 sec of lazer to beat her. I had tons of ammo and guns that I never used by the end which kinda pisses me off I had been saving them up the entire time on hard to not use hardly any of it. Never found the rocket launcher anyone else find it?
There are a few rocket launchers (I know there's at least 1 in SPOILER! Highlight it to read it.
the gang compound and 1+ in FEMA, I don't remember the others), but it's not really useful. There's never really a reason to save ammo since the game basically throws it at you in spades and rewards you more for non-lethal (maybe lethal too?) take-downs rather than normal kills.

I used cloak + silent run on that bridge. The hardest part of the game is SPOILER! Highlight it to read it.
saving Malik on a non-lethal play-through.

Last edited by Heretic on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

hey we have a spoilers button use it!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:25 am 

Quote:
Quote:
There are a few rocket launchers (I know there's at least 1 in the gang compound and 1+ in FEMA, I don't remember the others), but it's not really useful. There's never really a reason to save ammo since the game basically throws it at you in spades and rewards you more for non-lethal (maybe lethal too?) take-downs rather than normal kills.

I used cloak + silent run on that bridge. The hardest part of the game is saving Malik on a non-lethal play-through.
You saved her with non-lethal?? what difficulty setting? I played on Dues exexexes skill lvl and it was a bitch. Not enough food in the game for me to try non-lethal so I opted to kill every one of my enemys. Did you know that you can hide in a vent and make a bunch of noise and they will all come running. Throw a gas grenade out and then put one bullet in each ones head just to make sure they dont get back up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:54 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Finished the game. Pretty good. I liked the first much better as I was a super badass once I found a lot of body mods. This game was pretty decent though. I was trying to get ghost on the last level and got all the way to the bridge before the last boss and said no way and just ran through it haha. Last boss was a joke and took only SPOILER! Highlight it to read it.
1 emp and 1 sec of lazer to beat her. I had tons of ammo and guns that I never used by the end which kinda pisses me off I had been saving them up the entire time on hard to not use hardly any of it. Never found the rocket launcher anyone else find it?
There are a few rocket launchers (I know there's at least 1 in SPOILER! Highlight it to read it.
the gang compound and 1+ in FEMA, I don't remember the others), but it's not really useful. There's never really a reason to save ammo since the game basically throws it at you in spades and rewards you more for non-lethal (maybe lethal too?) take-downs rather than normal kills.

I used cloak + silent run on that bridge. The hardest part of the game is SPOILER! Highlight it to read it.
saving Malik on a non-lethal play-through.
You saved her with non-lethal?? what difficulty setting? I played on Dues exexexes skill lvl and it was a bitch. Not enough food in the game for me to try non-lethal so I opted to kill every one of my enemys. Did you know that you can hide in a vent and make a bunch of noise and they will all come running. Throw a gas grenade out and then put one bullet in each ones head just to make sure they dont get back up.
Played on hard (Give Me Deus Ex). I didn't feel like using up a bunch of candy bars, so I went stun-gun interweaved with takedowns whenever my energy was back up.

Last edited by Heretic on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

guys, can you use the spoiler tag on any spoilers you just posted? And if there are no spoilers, can you indicate that in a new post so that I may read your comments?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:41 am 

Quote:
guys, can you use the spoiler tag on any spoilers you just posted? And if there are no spoilers, can you indicate that in a new post so that I may read your comments?
Spoilerified my last post + the quotes within, so you can just read that one. I wouldn't really call them spoilers, but YMMV.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:23 am 
Site Admin

thanks heretic!

I love playing a mix of lethal and non-lethal. My deus ex characters always stand judge jury and executioner over those in their way - the innocent get non-lethal, while the soulless dogs who attack them and their friends get executed with prejudice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:24 pm 

Quote:
thanks heretic!

I love playing a mix of lethal and non-lethal. My deus ex characters always stand judge jury and executioner over those in their way - the innocent get non-lethal, while the soulless dogs who attack them and their friends get executed with prejudice.
You should not judge people. Kill all to be fair.