crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: cpu shit: amd or intel
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:19 am 

Everyone know i honestly don't give a flying shit anymore about computer stuff, i make pretty pictures and that's about it now :P i was going to just get 6950/70 for bf3 on my current quad-core 2.4/4gb machine but now thinking about building a new machine all together, not sure how my current would work for bf3? thoughts? plan on playing at 1920x with most settings up on a 6950 or 6970

what do you guys think on amd vs intel stuff? most of the amd quad+ stuff i have seen has been quite cheaper then i5 or i7 stuff, but is there a big difference performance wise? looking to spend as little as possible. i'm a cheap asshole.. that or I just bought a house 4 months ago and getting a new '12 kx250f to replace my '10 this spring along side a 'new' truck to get my bikes around.. so i'm being cheap...:P

i was thinking one of these, unless my quad-core 2.4/4gb will do the job with out a problem.. if my current will do it w/o problems i'll get a 6970, else ill get a 6950 if i get the other junk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:28 am 

x6 = cheap an FAST. I got the 1090T on stock air and I can run at 3.6 stable. Crysis 1 + full everything at 1440x900 (cheap monitor) ~40fps. My video card is my choke point (gtx260).

x6 prolly doesn't beat an i-7 head to head in anything, except price. An it beats it sufficiently, in all the day to day stuff (games, etc).

If your getting a new board, make sure you get an AM3+, for bulldozer compatibility..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:20 am 

wtf is bulldozer? looking like ill get an x6 if i get new stuff to save some pennies

also, to the other 7 people who read the thread and didn't reply, fuck you, dicks. <3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:30 am 

Bulldozer is the new line of chips AMD is putting out.

CPU: For gaming, no real difference; you'll be bottlenecked by the GPU pretty much all the time. For almost everything else, Intel will be faster. Generally anything under $150, AMD will win out on bang for your buck. I wouldn't recommend spending the extra cash on an x6 unless you need it for other work or you find a really good deal. Your quad will probably do fine, but you can wait for a BF3 beta/leak just to be sure.

Motherboard: Consult the list here for a board with decent VRMs. MSI tends to have the shittiest VRMs.

RAM: Check the daily deals for RAM. I bought 8gb DDR3 for my brother for $25 after rebate a month ago and there have been deals for 30-40 without rebate since then.

PSU: Check jonnyguru, hardocp, and a few others listed here for reviews so you don't get something that will just destroy your computer in 3 months. Raidmax typically blows.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:45 pm 

it would literally only get used for bf3/l4d2 and whatever else we play (tribes, goddamnit!). i use my macpro and mbp for work and all other junk. though if you guys think my quad-core 2.4/4gb (can't OC even if the cpus are good for it, it's some lame hp mobo) I can just pick up a 6970 and be done with it. I know it sounds lame, but i'd really like to save $ where possible until december to then blow on better toys like my new bike and truck so i can have a truck that goes vrooomommomomosdfsdfvroooom like ultros', seeing as ALL i'd use teh machine for is __ blasphamy

i love how everything i picked apparently was garbage hah :D

I guess I'll just check around for a new gpu and rock what I currently have for the rest.

what would you recommend? 6950/70 (not sure if the 70 performance is that much greater then 50, have to check it out), CF 6870 ($150 each) seem to do way better then 6950 or 70 alone but are older.. or something else?

edit: so ive decided im gonna do whatever would be best/most worth it for $500. if i can get an x6/mobo combo at a good price then i can get 2 6870s at 155/ea ill do it. else I'll hope my 2.4 can handle it good enough with a better, single card (no cf mobo :/). ggggah. only thing with the new mobo/cpu is i can upgrade to a better cpu later on, my mobo is at its max right now and is not cf either... so i still don't know what to do. damnit hah. single better card or cf 6870s and requitements?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:07 pm 

Unless you can't play l4d2, why not just wait for BF3 to come out? 6870 is currently the best value (and was even better when you got Dirt3, Shogun 2, and DX:HR with it), but if you go crossfire you'll have to deal with the other issues it presents: heat, noise, game support, etc. I'm betting that BF3 will be perfectly playable on a single 6870, just maybe not on max settings (a single 6870 gets ~60fps @ max 1920x1200 on BFBC2).

tl;dr what's the rush?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:43 am 

I can play it, i jsut get tired of bc2 getting choppy as shit when stuff blows up a times.. I'm leaning to getting a 6970 when bf3 comes out, I guess. i got a 5870 from a frend today, he picked up 2 6970s (lol.) so gav eme teh 5870 for now... So, I'll def. be fine until bf3, but probably still grab a 6970 when.. maybe theyl even drop in price a bit