crapy clawn forums

don't u bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i head shot"
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:18 am 

SO does this game suck or what?

I bought BF3 and played a lot of it. Played up through the Karkand expansion then got sick of it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:54 am 

BF4 crashes occasionally, but otherwise it's better than BF3 in many ways. Having room for a 5th squad member helps a lot when we're playing as a group. If you join the same server as someone on your friends list it's pretty good about putting you in the same team and squad. As far as I can tell, servers all scramble teams after each round but mostly keep you together with your friends.

I like the maps a little better than in BF3 for the most part. Air vehicles are no longer unstoppable as they often were in BF3. Overall I think the balance is better.

Games still play out in much the same way - if you're on a really shitty team, you're gonna have a bad time. That's why you should play in a squad with friends, which will give you a much better chance of winning. A bunch of us picked up the game and I think we'll be playing for a good while.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:41 pm 

Quote:
durba durba durba I think we'll be playing for a good while.
I've heard this before.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

we played bf3 for at least 6-9 months.

I'm not sure what your definition of a 'good while' is, smith.

anyway, yeah, bf4 is great. i totally don't hate it yet. that says a lot.

also i just read this great battlefield 4 blog post about network smoothing you should all read if you haven't already.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:14 am 

This is me just bitching but it's annoying that they've never really totally solved the ground combat man to man stuff. The shooting always feels slightly off to me. Its good to hear about the air stuff though. They went so far back and forth with nerfing and then overpowering air stuff. I also hated the series of unlocks for jets and helos though because if you didn't start playing right away in them you'd end up being level 1 on that shit and couldn't do anything and just get shot down 40000 times.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:11 am 
come into the FUCKDOME

Quote:
This is me just bitching but it's annoying that they've never really totally solved the ground combat man to man stuff. The shooting always feels slightly off to me. Its good to hear about the air stuff though. They went so far back and forth with nerfing and then overpowering air stuff. I also hated the series of unlocks for jets and helos though because if you didn't start playing right away in them you'd end up being level 1 on that shit and couldn't do anything and just get shot down 40000 times.
Im not trying to be insensitive but... who is using the DLong account?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:49 pm 

Quote:
we played bf3 for at least 6-9 months.

I'm not sure what your definition of a 'good while' is, smith.

anyway, yeah, bf4 is great. i totally don't hate it yet. that says a lot.

also i just read this great battlefield 4 blog post about network smoothing you should all read if you haven't already.
we're still playing CS 15 years later... some of us play AOE2, 14 years later.. 6-9 months is nothing compared to those titles.

For $60, I'd love to get at least a year. Anything more than that is icing on the cake, anything less than that is a disappointment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:30 pm 

This is PROD LOL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:30 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I've heard this before.
Not from me, unless it was a game we really did play for a long time. I'm equally hesitant with new games. Some haven't been a full year of play for me, like L4D2 and World in Conflict, but still gave me several good months of play. I've been able to get discounts or share 4-packs so I've always spent under $50. And I think we're in the same boat on price - the more it costs, the more I expect to play it.

Don't pay $60 for BF4. Either get it now from cdkeys.com for $44 (as Hogg and I did) or buy it on Black Friday from Gamestop for $30.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:46 pm 

That's an excellent tip, I'll prolly snag a copy for pudgy and myself on African American Friday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:16 pm 

BF4 is $20 on Origin/EA's site. Details here: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/107426/ ... l-download

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:49 pm 

Quote:
BF4 is $20 on Origin/EA's site. Details here: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/107426/ ... l-download
Can also get 'premium' upgrade for bf4 for $37 (normally $50 to become a premium person). I'm...debating. Not sure given the clawn's past reception of additional content. However new weapons are always cool. Just not sure they're $37 cool.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:17 pm 

ty Heretic, saved me some dollars. Bought, may download tonight..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:20 am 

Pudgy and I both acquired a copy tonight. LET THE GAY BEGIN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:19 am 
tongue in cheek

In for 1. Thanks hERTIX.

SEE YOU ON THE BATTLEFIELD.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:39 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've heard this before.
Not from me, unless it was a game we really did play for a long time. I'm equally hesitant with new games. Some haven't been a full year of play for me, like L4D2 and World in Conflict, but still gave me several good months of play. I've been able to get discounts or share 4-packs so I've always spent under $50. And I think we're in the same boat on price - the more it costs, the more I expect to play it.

Don't pay $60 for BF4. Either get it now from cdkeys.com for $44 (as Hogg and I did) or buy it on Black Friday from Gamestop for $30.
my total (thanks to Heretic's protip) was $21.34, a price at which I will not complain at all, if all we get is 6 months of play.

(but after a few rounds with pork/glimz/berge today, I'm sure we'll get a little longer than that)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:18 pm 

Attachment:
ilovelamp.jpg
ilovelamp.jpg [ 182.88 KiB | Viewed 16533 times ]
Chalky White didn't seem to give a shit that I had wedged this lamp against the door, and neither did Frostbite.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:14 pm 
resident debaucher

Incoming

Dec 3 PC Game Update Notes
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
-Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
-Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
-Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:30 am 
I AM GREAT

Quote:
Attachment:
ilovelamp.jpg
Chalky White didn't seem to give a shit that I had wedged this lamp against the door, and neither did Frostbite.
rofl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:33 am 
I AM GREAT

Quote:
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
So THAT'S what that is. I always thought I accidentally unlocked the "heroin" squad field upgrade.
Quote:
-Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

... now that all the neckbeards out there have used shotguns and double XP week to exploit the hell out of this and unlock everything in the game, and I'm still using Garands and Mosins.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:21 pm 

I've carried over my philosophy from BF1942, BF2 and the small portion of BF3 I played, which is: The rocket launcher is just a very large pistol, and the perfect tool for close range infantry combat.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:51 pm 

Quote:
... now that all the neckbeards out there have used shotguns and double XP week to exploit the hell out of this and unlock everything in the game, and I'm still using Garands and Mosins.
WHERE DO I GET THEM?? I loved the M1 in BC2, awesome damage and much fun. Please give them to me...

WW2 guns may actually get me to buy premium memberships...that is your challenge EA, give me old-school shit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:30 pm 
I AM GREAT

Look at this neat thing:

http://www.testufo.com/#test=framerates

A useful answer to when filthy console peasants say "herp you can't detect any difference in framerate over 30 fps."

As seen on http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:17 am 

Have they fixed the bug where it crashes and the game sucks because they nickel and dime you?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:09 pm 

Quote:
Have they fixed the bug where it crashes and the game sucks because they nickel and dime you?
Not yet, but apparently they are putting their... Top... Men... on it.